chapter twenty three

She was more nervous than usual as she waited for Rex to come home that night.

She has pulled on a simple light blue dress and was perched on the very edge of the bed, waiting.

For what, she wasn't sure. She had a very basic idea of what happened in a marriage bed, and she couldn't imagine a world where it was pleasant for a woman, but she knew she wanted to.

She wanted Rex to know how she felt. She wanted to give him something. She wanted it to be him.

It grew dark outside, and still, he didn't return home. She began to worry.

She stood, pacing at the foot of the bed in the small cabin, worried something may have happened.

When she heard his feet on the front porch, she felt her stomach turn, suddenly she wasn't sure about this.

He stopped outside the front door. A few heavy seconds went by, and he didn't open it.

Then slowly he opened the door and stepped inside, he glanced at her without a word.

He closed the door behind him and, like, always hung up his hat.

She didn't say anything as he turned towards her, finally taking her in.

"I'm sorry I'm late," He said.

"It's okay."

He moved closer, and she felt herself begin to tremble she wasn't sure if it was fear or excitement.

"I'm going to get a shower first, okay?"

She gave a small nod, chewing on her lower lip.
He reached out and carefully used his thumb to pull her lip from between her teeth, then kissed her forehead.

"It's okay," He said.

He disappeared into the bathroom, and she collapsed back down to the bed.

To be honest, she would have felt better getting it over with quickly so they could move on with their evening.

When he emerged from the shower a little while longer, he was wearing a gray t-shirt and gray sweat pants. His wet hair slicked back from his face.

He was handsome, and she had to admit that. He was a good-looking man.

He walked over to her, stopping a few inches away. He was so much bigger than her it was frightening.

"We don't have to do anything you don't want to do," He said.

"Okay."

"We will go slow, and if you want to stop for any reason, you tell me, and I promise I'll stop."

"Okay."

"Just try and relax."

She gave a small nod. He reached out and ran his hand through her hair.

"I um.." she stopped.

"What?"

"I like it... when you kiss me."

He leaned down, sealing his lips with hers, and her mind turned to static. Her body seemed to hum, and she grew warm clear to her toes.

He lips moved expertly against her, but slowly not rushed or forceful.

His arms went around her waist, pulling her body against his carefully. She timidly kissed him back.

Slowly, he moved his hands to her bottom, lifting her up. Her legs going around his waist naturally.

He took the few steps needed to lay her down on the bed beneath him, pulling his lips from hers.

"Tell me if you don't like something," He insisted