XIV

I barely got any sleep that night. Worried that if I did fall asleep, Kronos would come back.

I don't know how long I have until he gets tired of trying to convince me, and just kills me. I need to talk to Chiron about this. 

I snap out of my thoughts as I finish getting dressed. Walking out of the small bathroom stall. I catch my own eye in the mirror. My dark circles are... well. Dark. My eyes themselves hold the look of a trapped prey.

Wild and frantic.

I slip on the brown jacket. Rubbing my thumb over the cloth.

He takes off his jacket, wearing a simple black tee. He places the jacket over the young girl's back before wrapping his arm around her shoulder and pulling her closer.

The young girl rested her head against his chest. Feeling the sleepiness wash over her with the warm wind.

"Do you see all those people, little dreamer?" He whispers.

The memory vanishes as quickly as it had come. I grip the edges of the sink. Hot tears pressing into my eyes. This was his jacket. I quickly wipe away the tears. Taking a deep breath and walking out.

Kids of all ages walk around. Most dressed in heavy armor. Carrying swords of all shapes and sizes. Which reminds me... I need to talk to Beckendorf about my sword. Later, I need to talk to Chiron. 

I walk up to the big house, knocking on the empty doorframe. Chiron sits in his wheelchair form. His back to me as he stares at the fireplace.

"Come in." He rumbles.

I gulp down my nervousness. Feeling like I've been sent to the principal's office all over again. Walking in, I settle down on the small couch. I watch Chiron. Unspoken words hanging in the air.

His eyes hold a certain... age.. to them. Which makes sense since he's thousands of years old. But there's something more... grief. Guilt. Despair.

"You're not here for just  your classes.. are you?" He asks. I shake my head. "No. I want to talk to you about something."

He spins around. Facing me. "What is it?" His voice is so calming and supportive, I have to resist breaking down right then and there.

I take a deep breath. "I've been having dreams about Luke- I mean Kronos."

Chiron strokes his beard. "Yes. Dreams are your specialty, aren't they? What are they like?"

"What's what like?" I ask.

"Your dreams."

I think for a moment. Trying to find the right words.
"I don't dream...It's more like I'm in a long hallway with doors. Only..each room is a different person's dream. I think it's only people I'm close to."

"And Kronos is..." He thinks for a moment. Choosing the right words. "Invading your dreams?"

I shake my head. "No. But- I-..." I frown. Trying to describe it.

The place I go when he meets me... it has the same feeling as when I go inside Travis's dreams. The same... energy but different.

It's so difficult to put into words. When I am in Travis's dream, I can feel his emotions as if they are my own. And there's more emotions lingering in the distance and... and memories deep inside the void.

There for me to see in case I decide to reach. The place Kronos takes me is similar to that.

I can feel emotions. Mostly rage. Anguish. Hate. It's almost like I'm inside-