XX

The enemies seem to have retreated for now, we didn't approach any on our way to the store. Instead, just having to occasionally get out and move a human seeping in the way of where we are driving. 

When we get to the store, Travis and I realized we have forty campers and at least twenty-five hunters to feed. I walk down the small aisle, throwing in any snacks I like as Travis does the same. 

So far, we have a collection of chips, candy, pastries, and I convinced Travis to pick up some vegetables and meat. 

Travis looks down at the cart as I walk over to the pharmacy. Looking over medical supplies. I decide to just push in everything that seems helpful. with the silence of the store, and overall New York, my anxiety has been working overtime. About one subject in particular. 

"Travis," I say slowly, "About the prophecy-" 

"The dreamer's daughter shall wake the world from their sleep." He whispers. His face is unreadable as he pushes some medical supplies into the cart. "I haven't stopped thinking about it since I heard it." 

I gulp, feeling a bit guilty for not thinking about it at all. To be fair, I've been more focused on not dying. 

"Prophecies aren't always what they sound like. Maybe it'll be fine." I shrug. Not even believing my own words. Travis glances over at me, obviously not believing a word either.

"Come on," he says, "We have to get back." 

The Demeter kids, like I predicted, are able to whip up an amazing feast. Katie and her siblings busied themselves in the kitchen. The nymphs and Pollux helping by ripening fruit and enlarging vegetables.