XV

I overslept, waking up to Annabeth and Percy standing over me. Annabeth holds a clipboard. Murmuring something about points being docked for "over sleepers caught."

Percy smiles apologetically with a small shrug. "Well. The Hermes cabin hasn't changed much." He looks around, his apologetic smile tugging downwards into a frown. 

I rub the sleepiness from my eyes. "That is where you are wrong, my good sir. Apparently, the Hermes cabin population has doubled in size. Being abandoned by your Godly parent is trending." I mutter sarcastically. 

Realizing I've slept in long enough, I begrudgingly stand up. Walking over to my bag. "Where are you guys headed next?" I ask as I sort through my clothes. With the bright sunshine streaming through, and the thick heat in the air, I pick out some black jean shorts and a floral top. 

"Aphrodite cabin. Wanna come?" Annabeth asks as she clicks her pen repeatedly. Percy, staring at the pen, seems very distracted by this. 

I nod, grabbing the brush and stick of deodorant I got from the small community camp store. "Yeah, just give me a minute." 

Holding my stuff in my arms, I hurry down to the bathroom and quickly change. Being inside my own clothes brings a bit of comfort. Helping the homesickness a bit. I only wish I had the chance to grab some of my stuff from my room, or have mom drop them off. My mind thinks to the brown jacket buried deep in my bag. It's the only thing of my dad's. 

I'm tempted to wear it but it's too hot. Plus, wearing that jacket, now that I know who it belongs to, is bittersweet. On one hand, I feel closer to him. On the other hand, I'm reminded that he left. Some days, I think about him. What I would say to him if I saw him, what I would do. 

Yet, some days it hurts less to not think of him at all. He's an open wound, and I'm left trying to figure out how not to add salt into it. 

I walk back to the Hermes cabin. Finding Annabeth standing outside. Bickering with Percy about whether or not he deserves an extra star. The sight brings a small smile to my face. "Are we ready?" I ask. 

Annabeth huffs. Snatching her pen back from Percy. "Yes. We are." 

I knew, just by seeing the exterior of the Aphrodite cabin, that it is going to get full stars. The cabin has a pastel painted roof, white pillars, and the porch is blue and white checkerboard. Flowers bloom neatly underneath the windows and just by standing on the steps, the smell of rich perfume abuses my nose.  

"Can we dock points for getting slapped in the face with perfume?" Percy asks, scrunching up his nose. Annabeth side glares him and walks inside. 

"Just breathe through your mouth." I mutter to Percy. I try to take my own advice, but the taste of it squeezes my tastebuds. I cough. "Don't do that. I can taste it. Percy, I can taste it." 

Percy laughs. Taking a deep breath, he holds his breath and walks inside. I swallow down the taste of perfume, and follow. 

The inside is somehow even nicer. The walls are a soft pink, the beds are neatly made, posters of a shirtless actor are hung up. My eyes spot the reason of the strong scent; the bottles of perfume are neatly lined up on a shelf on the wall. 

I spot three people in the cabin. A boy standing in front of a full-body mirror. A shirt in each hand as he switches between holding them in front of him. He, like his siblings, is gorgeous in an unhuman way. Smooth ivory skin. Wavy, light blonde hair and crystal blue eyes. 

His sister; a girl with smooth, olive skin and long black hair sits on the bed closest to him. "Go with the first one, it compliments your eyes." She says as she examines her nails. Her eyes glance up at the bed near the door. "What do you think, Silena?" She asks, her tone softening.