XXIII

The next hour and a half passed by in a daze. It was like my body and mind flipped a switch and went into autopilot. My body was moving by itself. My arm never stopped swinging my sword, my leg doing sweep kicks and front kicks. 

I split up from Annabeth and Percy, letting them race off in one direction while I raced off in the other. I helped out numerous groups. 

At one point, I met up with Jake Mason. Helping him and some other Hephaestus kids replace some traps and springs. 

At another point, I met up with Katie Gardener. Helping slash some demigods and dracaena as she grew vines around their ankles. 

I helped Silena fight and when a hellhound pinned her down, I jumped on its back and jabbed my sword into it's jaw right after it threw me to the ground and slashed. Resulting in a nasty cut on my cheek. 

Yet, I haven't seen Travis or Connor yet. I try not to let it bother me too much. I'm sure they're fine. They're amazing warriors. They are. They're fine. 

I meet back at the empire building. A too-small group of us huddled around the entrance in a ring as the enemies approach. I stand next to Thalia. Gripping my sword. "They outnumber us." I mutter. 

Thalia nocks an arrow. "All the better to kick their asses." 

 A bright light shines a few feet away. Even from a distance, looking in its direction strains my eyes. This has got to be Kronos or at least some titan. 

 "We have to fall back to the doorway. Hold it at all costs!" Annabeth shouts. 

I take a deep breath. Preparing to fight for my life, but my dramatic moment is ruined with the chorus of horns. Percy looks over at Thalia and I but Thalia shakes her head. "Not the hunters. We're all here." 

"Then who?" I ask, craning my neck to look. I don't care who it is as long as they're on our side. Someone pushes through the small crowd. Travis. 

I sigh in relief, pulling him into a quick hug. "Thank god." I whisper. Feeling every bit of fear leave my body. My mom comes up, standing next to him. "We found each other. Your boyfriend's a good fighter." She smirks. 

Travis grins at me. "Your mom's a badass." 

I can't and don't bother to stop the grin plastered on my face. Two people I love more than anything are okay. They're together, and they're safe. And they're okay. 

Suddenly, Kronos's army cries out. I turn around, seeing them surge forward. I grip my sword but they don't run at us. Rather past us to the southern allies. 

Behind them were centaurs. "PARTY!" One shouts. My heart lifts up with joy as they release a series of arrows arching through the air. Falling onto Kronos's armies as dozens vaporize. 

"I want those arrows." Thalia mutters and I realize what she means. Some have ribbons attached to them, while other arrows shout out or sing as they fly. 

A familiar centaur surges forward. Chiron. My good mood increases by ten-fold. "Percy!" He yells. "Sorry we're late!" He grins, shooting monster after monster with impeccable speed. 

"DUDE!" Another centaur yelled. "Talk later. WASTE MONSTERS NOW!" This one had a weapon I want. A paint gun. It splattered a hellhound pink, vanquishing it. 

They must be from different states because each one begins to shout out. Florida, Texas, Hawaii. How they got from an island... I don't know. 

Kronos watches as his armies flee. "Stop running, you fools! Stand and ACKK!" An ice giant sits on him. My mood could not have gotten better.