💔IWAIZUMI x F!READER🌺

PLOT: "He fell first, she fell harder" basically.
GENRE: Angst💔/Fluff🌺.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If there's one thing you never wanted to let go in your life that was the friendship you had with Iwaizumi and Oikawa.
You three were chilhood friends.
You loved Oikawa's hugs and determination, and you loved Iwaizumi's jokes and protectiveness.
Of course you also had other friends, but those two were always your first choice.
They never let you down, they were the shoulders you could always cry on.

As you got into Aoba Johsai High you noticed how they were both changing, physically and mentally, in a good way of course.
Hajime and Tooru also got into the volleyball's team, and so why not becoming the manager?
"Wait, so now I'll have around your dumb ass brain even more? Oikawa was already enough" Said Iwaizumi, joking of course. This was how your friendship worked.
You would throw snarky remarks at each other most of the time, but when one of you was in pain the other two would always stay by their side.

Today you were handing out the water bottles as usual, when Iwaizumi approached you, looking rather nervous.
"Hey Y/N, are you busy tomorrow night?"
Asked Hajime, trying not to stutter.
"Uhh, I got some school work to do, but whatever, why? You got some plans?"
"Uhm, tomorrow there are the shooting stars, and uh I was wondering if you wanted to see them..with me?"
Your eyes immediately got brighter with excitment. "HEY HEY, TOORU, YOU HEARD? TOMORROW WE CAN SEE THE SHOOTING STARS!! IT'S BEEN AGES SINCE WE HAD A SLEEPOVER"
Seeing your happy expression Iwaizumi didn't have the courage to tell you that he wanted to be with you, and you only.
That same night Oikawa texted Iwaizumi about it.

And so, according to plan, that night it was only you and Hajime, under the stars

"It's a shame that Tooru couldn't come as well, but at least we got more food for us!!"
You said happily, but when you saw Iwa's serious expression you knew something was wrong.
"Hey Haji, is everything okay?" You asked, visibly worried.
He paused for a few seconds, debating if he should voice out his overthinking or just stay quiet.
"Y/N, Oikawa is really phenomenal, don't you think?"
You nodded confused, and he continued.
"He's amazing, every girl usually drools over him. And I was thinking.. we all know each other since we were kids. Do you maybe..got feelings for Oikawa? You seem so happy when he's around, your smile is brighter than usual, you know?" Said Iwaizumi, with a small smile that only hid sadness.
You thought for a moment.

"Mhh, yeah Oikawa is phenomenal, but aren't you too? And yes, I am happy when he's around, but I also am when you are around. You two mean so much to me, you are my best friends."
He looked down, thinking out loud. "Best friends huh? Maybe that's just what I'm destined to be for you.."
You stared at him really confused, as he looked into your eyes, while his irises were shining because of the bright stars.

"Has it ever occured to you that I have feelings for you? Feelings that just a best friend shouldn't have."
You were left absolutely speechless. You never thought about Iwaizumi like that so..why was your heart beating so fast and you were feeling..wait, happiness? You were happy that your bestfriend confessed to you?
Thinking more about it.. Iwaizumi was really attractive, plus he was always emotionally present for you, sometimes even a bit more than Oikawa.
How couldn't you notice how you always made your hugs with him last a bit longer than with any other person.
You didn't recognize your own feelings, was that possible? Maybe because you were so used to having them around, and acting like bestfriends that you never gave your heart a chance to tell you how it really felt.

As the shooting stars were painting the blue sky, and the cold breeze was moving your hair around, you leaned into Hajime's lips.
No words were needed. You finally understood your feelings, and you weren't gonna run from them anymore.
That night many sweet kisses and hugs were exchanged. And that meant more than a million words.

BONUS
"Ughh, now I'm just a third wheel, I can't believe it.." Oikawa was a bit annoyed by your relationship, but he was happier for Iwaizumi.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You can find this on my tiktok account as well.
Hope you guys enjoyed this, and sorry for not updating this much.
Bye <3