CHAPTER 8. A Tangled Web

Ericka was still in bed sleeping at 9:AM, after being up late prepping for an exam.  There was no need to be up early this morning, since her first class was at 11:AM.  She was startled awake by a  a hard knock on her door.  

Eircka grabbed her robe.  Whoever it was kept knocking.  'Shit...this better be an emergency.'

She hurried to the door.  "Who is it?"

"Open the door now Ericka!" Came the angry response.

'Daddy? It cant be.'  

Ericka quickly opened the door.  'Why is he here beating down my door?'

Her father stepped into the room.  He was angry about something.

'How did he get in here and this early?'

"Daddy? What are you doing here?"

"Pack your things.  You are going home."

'Home?'  

"Home? What are you talking about? I have classes in a couple of hours Daddy and an exam later today."

"No you don't young lady.  I told you what would happen if you ever defy me.  Hurry up and pack your things.  I don't have all day."

"You can't just come in here and tell me to pack my things and I am going home without giving me some explanation," she cried.

Eric looked over at his crying daughter, like her mother, her tears were his weakness and they both knew it.  He could not bear to see either her or her mother  in tears.  "Did I tell you no car before you turn eighteen?! Did you go to that asshole you call uncle and ask him to get you a car?!" 

'The car, oh shit!' 

 "Daddy Uncle Luke didn't buy me a car.  The car belongs to Uncle luke. He said that I could drive it whenever I needed to get somewhere.  He didn't want me taking public transportation to get around." 

"Get around where Ericka? I told you no car.  You defied me!"

"I am sorry Daddy.  Please don't  pull me out of school." She cried and begged.  

Eric paced the room.  He was so angry.  He wanted to hit someone or something.  He wanted to hit Luke, but each time he called he was told that Luke was in surgery.  

'I know the son of a bitch knows why I am calling. Why the fuck won't he stay out of my Life?  That is a fucking stupid question? I know why...should have fucking kill his ass years ago.'

"Daddy please." Ericka begged. 

Eric pulled out one of the drawers, and almost passed out at the contents.

"Ericka what is this? What are you doing with these?" 

Ericka walked over to see what was in the drawer that  was freaking out her father.  

'Fuck condoms.'  

"They are not mine DaddyMy room mate put them in there.  But this is a college they are always passing them out on campus."

"I should have listen to your mother and  let you attend college on the island."

'Oh shit, he is never going to let me come back now.'

"If you are not done packing in 15, we are leaving everything else right here."

Ericka quickly grabbed everthing that was important to her and shove them in her suitcases. 

She grabbed her book bag full of books.  "Ready," she said rather sadly as she looked around the room.  

Her dad took one of the suit case and headed for the door.  Ericka followed behind him draging the other suitcase.  They were both so mad at each other.