Chapter 14. The Proposal

Tanya was late getting to work. The whole situation with Eric and how he behaved towards Zach did not sit well with her and she told him so. She also made it clear to Eric to either send Ericka back to school in the states or enroll her in a college on the island. 

Tanya thought that Ericka needed to complete her education before taking on any responsibility in the family businesses. That did not sit well with Eric. She reminded him that Ericka was also her daughter and it was her right to have a say in Ericka's life decisions until Ericka was adult enough to make those decisions by herself. Tanya was clearly annoyed if not angry at her husband.

"So you are sending her right back into Zach's arms and into his bed most likely?" Eric asked.

"I never ended up sleeping with you, if you recall and if she is anything like me, she wont either, but if she is like you...who knows.  What I am trying to say is Zach is going to the UK to finish his studies, and  Ericka needs to finish her studies...either here on the island or in the US. No more fulltime working in your office."

                                                                                      **************

Tanya walked into her place of business somewhere around 11AM that morning after fighting with Eric about the upbringing of their daughter. She had Ace in one arm and two bags in the other...already tired from the fight she had with her husband and dealing with all her other children. Of all the mornings, Kayla, her four year old decided to play hide and seek. Tanya was exhausted running around trying to find her.

Edie, immediately reached for Ace. Ace was obviously her favorite grandchild. Edie was over the moon when Ace was born.  They called him Ace as nick name, because he was the first granchild to melt Edies heart after her husband's tragic death.  Edie just seem to come alive whenever she was around Ace.  She claimed Ace had a winning  spirit  just like her late husband.

Tanya handed Ace over to his grandmother. "Thanks Mom."

"Everything ok?" Her mother asked.

"Just the usual...the kids, Ericka to be specific."

"She needs to be in school and not hanging out at her father's office."

"Agreed, that is what I told Eric."

"You are late for your appointment. He is waiting for you in your office." Her mother continued.

"Appointment? I have no appointment this morning. Who is it?" Tanya asked.

"Go see for yourself, he is in there waiting for you.  He claims that he has an appointment with you."

Tanya turned a bright red.  She knew who it was. "What is it Tanya? You look like you have seen a ghost. What is going on with you and this man anyway?" Edie asked.

"Nothing Mom, why would you even ask that?"

"Because you turn a bright red every time he calls. I like him even less than I like your husband. This one is even more dangerous Tanya. At least Eric is an open book...what you see is what you get...not much.  But there is just a feeling about this man. There is something that he is hiding beneath that charming façade."

Tanya could not argue with her mother there. That was a pretty accurate assessment of the man behind those doors. There was so many faucets to him, she didn't think anyone knew the full story of who he really was or was capable of.

Tanya pushed her office door and entered the room. He was standing at the floor to ceiling window taking in the view. Her heart skipped a beat at seeing him. With his back to her, she would have sworn that it was her husband standing there, but she knew better.