Chapter. 9 DEFLECTION

Tanya looked at her husband shocked and angry at his comment.  "What are you implying?"

Eric stared at his wife, but did not reply.

"We have five children Eric, are you saying that you have doubt that they are yours?"

"You enable this fucker.  He is my relative and you know more about him than I do.  Why do you care so much about him.  I don't fucking get it."

They were at a standoff.  "Dont evade my question.  Which of our children do you think is not yours? One, two or all of them? I don't fucking get it either Eric,  after all this time and all we have been through together, you come to me with this shit."

"NO, ANSWER ME!  What the fuck is going on? He goes across the world and he calls you.  He is always calling YOU.  Why?"

Tanya looked at her husband.  "How do you know that he calls me?"

"I know every fucking thing!" He responded angrily.

"Then if you know everything, why are you asking me?!"  Tanya was just as angry.

"I know the fucker is in love with you and refuses to move on.  What I don't know is how you feel about him.  Are you in love with him too?"

Tanya looked at her husband shocked at the question at this stage in their marriage. "Are you seriously asking me if I am in love with Luke?"

"Yes, I am. And I need an answer. "  He replied staring her down.

"No! I am not in love with him. You are the only man I ever love.  I feel sorry for him, I feel emphathy for him because  he lost the one person in his life that meant everything to him...his mother.  He is alone...I just feel bad for the guy, that is all."

'Does she really not know that she is the one person that means everthing to Luke...and not his mother?' 

'She has no clue who this guy is. "How much do you know about him?"

Tanya shrugged her shoulders. "Nothing really." 

"He chose to be alone Tanya.  He chose the life he has."

'I think he is just waiting for me to drop dead , so he can move into my place.'

"I am done having this conversation with you.  You can have paternity tests done on the kids."  Tanya said as she walked away.

                                                                                         ***********    

Tanya knocked on Ericka's door.   "Who is it?" She was screening  everyone before letting anyone in.  Her parents were not allowed in her room.  

"Open the door Ericka, I need to talk to you."  Her mother  said.

"Go away, I don't want to talk to you." Ericka answered.

"Ericka, I need to talk to you.  Don't let me have this door removed permanently." 

"The door flew opened. "You wouldn't remove my door. Would you?" 

Tanya walked into the room.  "I have been very patient with you since you came home, because I know that you are going through a lot, but don't push it."

Ericka had baby Ace with her.  She picked him up off the floor, played with him and ignored her mother.  "You are stink," she scrunched up her nose at the baby. 

"You are really taken with him.  I can't remember you being so taken with any of your other siblings."

Ericka smiled. "I love him.  He looks like Uncle Luke."