CHAPTER 10. The Visit

Ericka sighed with relief. She felt so much better after appologizing  to her Dad. She hadn't gotten a good night sleep since he pulled her out of school and dragged her home.  She was still mad about that, but her mother was right, acting like a brat would not get her what she wanted.  She had to take responsibility for her mistakes and work from there. 

After leaving her father, she stopped by the kitchen where Becky was busy cleaning up. She walked up behind Becky and wrapped her arms around her.

"I am sorry, I know I have been mean to you. Please forgive me."

Becky turned her head and looked at Ericka. "Hmm, what brought this on?"

"I feel bad. You have been like a second mother to me and I was downright nasty to you."

"Well, you have been downright nasty to everyone. I guess you have a lot of appologizing to do."

"I know, and I am starting with you...well with Daddy, then you." She corrected herself.

"You hungry?" Becky asked.

"I think you would never ask." Ericka smiled.

Becky fixed her a plate to take up to her room. After she ate , she took a shower and dropped into bed. She sighed, then remembered that she hadn't said her prayers.

"Dear Lord, please let Daddy change his mind and let me go back to school...in the US. Please Lord, Amen. Oh, and I pray for Uncle Luke too that he will find someone to love and care for him so he wont be alone. Amen."

'I can sleep tonight.'

********

Ericka found herself at Zach's door. She was about to knock when she noticed that the door was open. She pushed it and walked in. She could hear sounds coming from one of the rooms upstairs. It didn't leave much to the imagination to know what was going on up there. She turned to leave. 'Girl stop! Don't you want to know if it's Zach up there and who he is with?' Ericka turned around and headed for the stairs and towards the room where the sounds were coming from.

The door was slightly ajar, not close. She pushed it and frooze to the spot. Zach was on the bed naked and pounding away at some girl from behind. He was too preoccupied to realize that  someone had entered the room. The girl turned her head and looked around at Ericka and smiled.

Ericka gasped in shock. "Brenda?!"

Zach abruptly turned. His eyes popped open in shock when he saw Ericka standing there. He pulled away  from Brenda pushing her away in an effort to get to his clothes.

"Ericka? What the fuck?!"

Ericka turned and ran as fast as she could down the stairs.

"Ericka! Ericka wait!" Zach shouted.

Ericka jumped out of her sleep...out of that nightmare. For a amoment she didn't know where she was.  The dream felt so real.  She could hear someone calling her name.

"Daddy? What the fuck now?"

Ericka grabbed her robe and headed for the door. She mumbled to herself as she headed towards the door. 'Why am I dreaming about him...and why do I care if he is screwing that bitch."

'Girl, it was just a dream. get a grip." said that voice.

Ericka unlocked the door.  Her father stood there with a stern look on his face and she wondered what she had done now. She was still mad about the dream.