156. Mineil's evening at Delhi

Mini's mind was completely occupied by the thoughts of leaving tomorrow. Neil sensed it. 

While driving the car, Neil kept his other hand on hers and held it squeezing softly.

Neil: Ek kaam karo... Subah 9 baje airport pahochna hai na?.... Apne phone pe alarm lagao 7 baje ka... 

Mini: Ok...

She set an alarm for 7 am and increased the snooze time to never as she didn't wanted to take chance on it knowing her sleeping habits.

Mini: Done.

Neil: Ab jab tak alarm nahi bajega... tum free ho iss thought se ki tumhe nikalna hai.... socho hum aisehi Delhi aaye hai... Enjoy this night..... Jab alarm bajega tab ready hokar nikal jayenge... Ok?

Mini: Hmm... 

She looked outside the window and feeling the breeze on her face relaxed her mind of every thought of leaving tomorrow.

They reached Delhi almost at early evening and ate the dinner at a nearby restaurant. 

Getting off the car, in front of the bungalow. Mini smiled wholeheartedly for the first time while reaching their second home. 

Yeah! 'Their' second home. First one, the haveli and second one, Neil's bungalow where Mini feels like home because of Neil's presence. 

Opening the lock at the door, Mini pushed the door to open but Neil kept his hand on her eyes.

Neil: Ek surprise hai..

Mini: Surprise?.... Abhi?... Yahan?

Neil: Hmm...

He took her inside in front of the photo wall and switched on the light.

He removed his hand and Mini opened her eyes.

The whole wall was filled with their photos. Some of Armineil, some of ArMi, some of ArNe, some of KeNe, some of ArKe, some of Mineil.

Mini adored the wall with teary eyes.

Mini: Lovely it is!.... Kab kiya tumne yeh sab?

Neil: Jab Keya se milne aaya tha tab.... Keya so gayi thi aur mujhe neend nahi aa rahi thi.... To frames set kar diye.... agli subah photo print karwa ke laga diye... 

She saw there was a big frame at the center with two medium sized frames below. One of the medium sized frame had the their photo which they took on Neil's Birthday.

Mini: Yeh ek badi aur ek medium size ke dono frames khaali kyu hai?

Neil: Kyunki inme jo photos lagne waali hai vo ready nahi hai.

Mini: Kab tak ready ho jayengi?

Neil: Vo to pata nahi... dekhte hai..

Mini: Matlab?

Neil: Jab ready ho jayengi to bata dunga.... ab har cheez ka time aata hai...

Mini: Kya gol gol baatein kar rahe ho?.... Sidhe sidhe bolo na... Kab kheechi thi yeh waali photos?

Neil: Abhi tak kheechi nahi hai yeh dono special photos.

Mini: To kab khichegi?... Aisi kaunsi photos lagaani hai tumhe?

Neil: Yeh medium size wali humaari family photo hogi.... Engagement ke din waali...

Mini: (turned to him getting surprised) What?... Tumne tab se soch rakha tha yeh?... Ek sec.... To yeh badi waali?

Neil holding her by her waist, took her in front of the big photo frame and they could see their reflection in the glass of the frame. Backhugging her with his chin on her shoulder and their cheeks rubbing against each other.