Chapter 26

Lila’s POV

Finally! Friday! A few more days until the ceremony and then we go back home!

I hate this place since no one believed me at all, Marinette is always winning, and we got in trouble for attacking Marinette! I cannot believe that my plan is failing!

I know that Max is the one who has snitched out about the beat-up scene and was giving people pieces of his brain and telling them that this wasn’t true.

But how on Earth is he doing that? How is he not being a native little idiot like others who are buying my lies? He must have figured out that I am lying, but who made him realize…

“Lila!” I stopped spacing out and saw who was shouting my name in the dining room. “I wasn’t able to tell you this yesterday, but you were right! Max is betraying you!”

“What!?! How did you find out?”

“Yesterday, Max invited us to talk about what happened on Monday. And they were trying to defend Marinette.”

“That is horrible...  Wait a sec, what do you mean by they?”

“Max and Alix! I found out that they are working together!”

ALIX!!! THAT BRAT IS SO DEAD NOW!

Don’t you dare attack anyone else!

SHUT UP!

I need a plan. Based on the breakup yesterday, Juleka is now on Mari’s side, which is bad. I can’t now get caught that I am a liar! Not today while we are away! I need to think of something immediately…

Oh, wait! I know! Max won’t escape from this one!

Meanwhile

Mari’s POV

“Alright! I got almost everyone’s outfits done. The only ones not done are mine and Astral’s, but I will work on that tomorrow.”

“You seriously have finished all of this within three days!?!”

“Two to be precise, but yeah.”

All of the girls, except Shanique, and my cousins are in my room, talking about the outfits that they have asked for the ceremony. Today the tours aren’t on, and the only one left is the ceremony, and then everything is over.

I cannot wait for this day to happen, because then I can leave the toxic environment behind and focus on becoming the great leader China wants after my parents, and on my friends and family.

Speaking of family, it has been decided that there will be dinner on Sunday, where my family and I will enjoy dinner and spend time with each other.

But for now, I am focusing on something else, because today is the hang-out with Astral!!!

I gave everyone who was here their outfits and got the other ones for the boys to get later. Juleka hugged me tightly because she didn’t expect to get something from me at all. Alix was smiling like crazy since I thought about her and made her a jumpsuit, while other girls got a dress. Everyone else thanked me or gave me a big hug.