026|Jazzy Evil Russians

.。❅*⋆⍋*∞*。* ∞*⍋⋆*❅。

"There are things known andthere are things unknown, and in between are the doors of perception

there are things unknown, and in
between are the doors of perception."
-Aldous Huxley
.。❅*⋆⍋*∞*。* ∞*⍋⋆*❅。

Scarlett entered Starcourt and unzipped her rain-soaked windbreaker. The chilly air-conditioned air sent shivers down Scarlett's damp arms and she rubbed them in a futile attempt for warmth. Some of her baby curls stuck to her forehead and her scrunchie was racing down towards her hair ends, so she quickly pulled on the small ponytail to push the fabric up.

Meanwhile, on the other side of the mall's centre, Steve and Dustin sat behind a large plastic plant. Steve was peering through Dustin's binoculars, whilst his young companion tried to look through also.

"See anything?" Dustin pried, turning his neck to try and locate a Russian in the American bubblegum mall with neon signs and Madonna blasting through the speakers.

Steve let out a breath and kissed his teeth. "I guess I don't totally know what I'm looking for." He shrugged, looking around the lively hub.

Resisting the urge to rip his binoculars back, Dustin replied. "Evil Russians." His eyes bore into the side of Steve's head.

Not noticing the glowering gaze of the younger boy, Steve nodded. "Yeah, exactly. I don't know what an evil Russian looks like," He mumbled.

"Tall, blonde, not smiling," Dustin spoke matter-of-factly, the anti-communist propaganda and his mother's stories after all were fact. When the Hendersons were situated in Montauk, their next-door neighbour had turned out to be a sleeper agent whom men in suits had taken on Thanksgiving. The point was, that the sleeper agent had been a tall blond man who had quickly stopped smiling once people caught on to his double life. Steve meanwhile just hummed in acknowledgement as he got distracted by a kid dribbling a basketball. "Also, look for earpieces, camo, duffel bags, that sort of thing."

Absently, Steve droned back a reply as he focused on the second floor of the mall. "Right, okay, duffel bags..." He trailed off and gasped as he spotted a familiar cute girl and an average-looking dude from basketball. Back when Steve was trying to get over Scarlett, he had tried to ask out Anna Jacobi but she had shot him down without mercy. "Oh, you've got to be kidding me!" He exclaimed, making those nearby eye the two brunettes by the potted plant.

Assuming that Steve had spotted something, Dustin perked up despite Steve drawing attention towards them. "What?"

"Anna Jocobi's talking with that meathead Mark Lewinsky," Steve scoffed and shook his head as Mark threw an imaginary ball.

Rolling his eyes so hard, he swore he saw his brain, Dustin lunged for the binoculars. "Dude, if you're not gonna focus, just gimme the binoculars."

Swatting Dustin away without looking, Steve continued to eye Anna and Mark. "Aw, Jesus Christ, whatever happened to standards?" He cried out, drawing more attention to them. "I mean, Lewinsky never even came off the bench."