001|The Disappearance

.。❅*⋆⍋*∞*。*∞*⍋⋆*❅。.

"I always found it quite strange and scarythat everyone is in their own little worlds,with their own thoughts that you'll never know about

that everyone is in their own little worlds,
with their own thoughts that you'll never know about."
~S.S.
.。❅*⋆⍋*∞*。*∞*⍋⋆*❅。.

Scarlett sat on her chair in front of her desk, her pencil drawing lines over a sheet of paper, her Walkman next to said sheet of paper as she listened to the mixtape that Dustin had made her for her sixteenth birthday the year prior.

The teenager was drawing a demogorgon. Dustin's birthday was in a couple of months, but drawing a Dungeons & Dragons comic based on one of her brother and his best freinds' campaigns took a while, especially since the boys liked to make very long campaigns.

Scarlett sat back in her chair, satisfied with the work she had done. The brunette sighted and got up, walking out of her room and down the stairs. Her nicotine addicted brain was craving a cigarette. Her mother didn't know she smoked, and if she did she would freak so Scarlett always went to the porch, to avoid leaving the smell in her room.

Scarlett leaned against a wooden post as she smoked her cigarette, if her watch was right, Dustin was going to be home in a bit. Sure enough she saw two small bikes on the road "Hey Scar." Will called as he cycled past the Henderson house "Bye Will." Scarlett shook her head at the boy as she turned to Dustin who walked up to her "How was the campaign?" Scarlett asked before she threw her cigarette on the floor and stomped on it before walking inside the house "It was so cool, we didn't finish. Mike made a campaign that lasted more than ten hours." He kept talking as his sister nodded impressed.

Dustin continued to talk about how the campaign went, how the quest was unique and how the adventure had progressed to the point where they had to face a demogorgon "And then we couldn't find the dice so we'll have to continue next time, hopefully Will will cast a protection spell instead or trying for a fireball again." Scarlett nodded seeming like she knew exactly what he was talking about "That makes sense." She had no idea what anything meant.

⊶⊷⊶⊷❍⊶⊷⊶⊷

The next morning Scarlett walked down the stairs as she adjusted her overalls "Good morning." Her mother called out as she stood in the kitchen "Good morning." The brunette was about to walk into the kitchen when the phone rang "I'll get it." She called while picking up the light blue phone "Hey, this is Scarlett."

"Hi Scarlett, this is Joyce." Sounded the voice of Will's mom on the other side of the line "Hi Mrs. Byers." Scarlett leaned against the wall behind her "Did Will stay over last night?" "He didn't, I saw him cycle past here when Dustin cam home. Why?" Scarlett frowned, her sleep deprived brain staring to overthinking "Oh he isn't home right now, he probably just went to school early." Joyce muttered "Yeah probably. Call me if I can help with anything." Scarlett felt a little uneasy, something inside her made her think that Will wasn't at school either.