011|Friendship Dipped in Honey

.。❅*⋆⍋*∞*。*∞*⍋⋆*❅。

"The sky is so tragically beautiful

A graveyard of stars."
~Unkown
.。❅*⋆⍋*∞*。*∞*⍋⋆*❅。

"Bye, Jonathan!" Scarlett waved at the Byers boy and he returned the gesture before driving off. The two of them had gone to watch a movie earlier and Jonathan had been kind enough to drive both of them. The brunette bounded up her driveway and swung open the front door.

Her natural curls were put up in a wild bun. A lot can happen due to the reaction of one person, tears, laughter, marriages, wars and fights. In this situation, Steve's enthusiasm about Scarlett's natural curls had led her to wear her hair naturally more often.

"Son of a bitch! Son of a bitch!"

Scarlett quirked a brow at her brother, who was throwing up couch cushions like a mad man. "Hi?" Scarlett greeted, the door closing behind her. "Hello, dear. How was the movie?" Claudia asked, she looked away from the tv while cuddling Mews, who upon seeing Scarlett, hopped off of Claudia's lap and walked over to Scarlett. Mews immediately started to purring and wrapping herself around Scarlett's ankles.

The Henderson's had gotten the cat just after Bill's death and Mews had immediately taken to Scarlett. It didn't matter who else was in the room, if Scarlett was there, Mews would be near or on Scarlett. Claudia and Dustin had tried to get more of Mews' attention by giving her treats to no avail, no matter how much fish the other Hendersons gave, Scarlett remained the favourite.

A couch pillow came barrelling at Scarlett, who was too occupied with Mews to see it coming. The pillow smacked into the oblivious young woman and made her fall onto her butt. Mews screeched and jumped in fright, her fur raised and nails out.

"Dusty!" Said boy grimaced. "Sorry!" And without missing a beat he continued. "Anyway, do you have any quarters?"

For a second Scarlett just stared at her little brother before nodding. "Uh...yeah." The brunette reached into her jacket and took out her wallet before dropping three quarters in Dustin's hand. His lips pulled up so far that his cheeks shit his eyes, showing off his new teeth. "You're the best sister!" He exclaimed, wrapping his arms around Scarlett's waist. Dustin was stronger than he looked, and the sudden embrace knocked the air out of Scarlett's lungs, leaving her grateful but gasping for air.

The sudden force had also caused her to drop her wallet, which fell onto poor Mews' head. Mews cried and jumped back, twisting her body in the air in a blind panic before landing on the floor by the window. She hyperventilated, green eyes scanning the room for any more danger.

Dustin let go of Scarlett and flailed his limbs around while running up the stairs to his toom. "Love you, Scar, Mom." The door slammed closed and silence returned to the Henderson residence. Until Dustin sprinted out of the house, bidding his mother and sister goodbye.