008|One Month Away

.。❅*⋆⍋*∞*。*∞*⍋⋆*❅。

"Come on, dance with me

The Earth is spinning. We can't
just stand on it."
~Dino Ahmetovic
.。❅*⋆⍋*∞*。*∞*⍋⋆*❅。

"Did I ever mention how much I love that you worked here last summer?" Nancy asked as Scarlett pushed open the small window. The brunette took the flashlight out of her mouth "A few times," She shone the light into the toilet before handing it back "Okay here we go?"

Jonathan and Nancy made eye contact as they held the elder teen in the air "Scar, remember we are invisible. No sounds," Jonathan called up and Scarlett raised a thumb "Yes, invisible got it. I'll just be a ninja."

Scarlett pushed the top of her body through the window, legs flapping as she tried to enter the toilet. Then she fell through, body smacking into the floor with a loud bang.

There was a beat of silence before Scarlett groaned loudly "I am aware that was ungraceful." Nany and Jonathan shared some nervous chuckles as they waited for Scarlett.

The brunette pushed her glasses back up the bridge of her nose, one of the lenses had cracked with the fall. Scarlett sneaked out of the toilets, staying close to the floor.

⊶⊷⊶⊷❍⊶⊷⊶⊷

Minutes later their monster hunting gear was loaded into Jonathan's car and the teens set off to the Byers house.

Jonathan and Nancy sat on the couch facing each other while Scarlett was seated on the coffee table "Remember..." Jonathan started "Straight into Will's room. And-" Nancy continued "Don't step on the trap," Scarlett spoke up.

"Wait for the yo-yo to move," Nancy added and Scarlett nodded, shaky breath leaving her lips "Then..." Jonathan stopped talking as the lights flickered "All right. You ready?" His eyes examined Scarlett and Nancy's expressions.

"Ready." Both girls nodded, each teen took out a knife "On three."

"One...two..." Knives hovered over skin "Three." Blood rushed out of the wound, racing down the exposed skin. Scarlett hissed and pressed a bunch of toilet paper against the hole.

"That hurt," Nancy hissed, pressing a few paper towels to her wound. The brunette got up and quickly walked towards the toilet, returning with a first aid kit.

The three teens soon enough had gauze wrapped around their hands. All that was left was to wait for the creature to come.

Scarlett moved her head suddenly as she felt the hairs on her neck erect "Please tell me you two also heard that," Scarlett breathed out, looking at her two friends "It's just the wind," Jonathan licked his lips before continuing "Don't worry. My mom, she said the lights speak when it comes."