020|Flourishing

No worries, no vol 2 spoilers here. A spoiler free mention of it in the author note but otherwise nothing

.。❅*⋆⍋*∞*。*∞*⍋⋆*❅。

"All young people, regardless ofsexual orientation or identity, deservea safe and supportive environment inwhich to achieve their full potential

sexual orientation or identity, deserve
a safe and supportive environment in
which to achieve their full potential."
-Harvey Milk
.。❅*⋆⍋*∞*。*∞*⍋⋆*❅。

By the time 1985 rolled around the dynamics between our friends in Hawkins had shifted terribly. For starters, Steve and Scarlett were absolutely swamped with work that they needed to do for their exams. Between work and school, Scarlett's free time became scarce which helped her convince Steve to study with her.

At the same time Eleven was adjusting to having friends and a boyfriend who came over on a regular basis, and her poor father had to adjust to see his daughter kissing a certain Wheeler boy. As the secrecy of Eleven's life faded slowly, the girl started to learn a little bit more about the world and started watching tv shows that her friends recommended. Eleven had stopped only wearing Hopper's old clothes and the clothes the man had bought for her at some thrift shop, Eleven could now be found sporting one of Scarlett's old blouses or skirts on a regular basis.

Then there was Blake who had finally found a home where she could be herself. First the changes came in the way the young woman would waltz into rooms with a grin, then her snarky comments diminished ever so slightly and then her grades started to go from 'F's and 'D's to 'C's and 'B's with even an 'A' sprinkled in there. The most obvious change came when even Blake started to go after the fashionable hairstyles of the 80s instead of lingering in the 70s. The once pin straight long hair had been cut and curled to reach her shoulders, with thin bangs brushing her forehead and framing her face.

On one of Steve and Scarlett's long study sessions in the library, Lucas and Floyd decided to surprise the two with some sweets. On the way there both boys had stumbled across the gym where the basketball players and cheerleaders were practicing. Whilst Lucas turned to the basketball boys in amazement, Floyd turned to the cheerleaders in fascination.

"If we want to watch The Breakfast Club then Mike will have to move his date with El, and there's no way he would do that," Lucas argued as he swung open the doors of the library and held them open for Floyd.

The boy huffed, blowing one of his longer curls out of his face. "Yeah, you're right," The boy grumbled and shook his head annoyed. Floyd noticed Scarlett and Steve sitting at a table as they kissed. "Ew."

Lucas followed Floyd's line of sight and shook his head as the duo walked up to the couple. "This isn't studying you know?" Lucas commented, dropping a box of Nerds on the table.

The two young adults pulled back and Steve shrugged innocently. "It is a study motivator," He stated as he grasped the box of Nerds and opened it up. Scarlett let out a chuckle and turned back to the opened textbook before her.