Ch 7: The Hunt Begins

We spent hours upon hours in church going over everything. Wiz made a connection with license plate; however, that didn't get us anywhere but square one. The plate was stolen from an old Buick. Last time I checked a Buick isn't a fucking truck. Last time I checked Tan isn't the same color as black. The plates went missing six hours north of us. So in the end, this means absolutely nothing. I curl up in our bed at the clubhouse. Her perfume still hits me in the face when I opened the door. Her scent is all over our blankets and pillows. Her clothes are still scattered around the floor; where they'll lay until she's back safely in my arms. Sleep doesn't come easy; I pull out my insomnia medication and pop a pill in my mouth. What feels like hours, is only minutes before I crash. Thanks to my medication that's prescribed before anyone thinks anything vile of me. I've had insomnia since I could remember. Shit sucks really. I wake up five hours later to pounding on my door.

"We had a hit on one of the photos!" Dawson screams as he opens my door. Before my brain registers what Dawson has said; my sock covered feet are already on the floor moving groggily towards my brother. I follow Dawson towards to our church room while bouncing my body from wall to wall. If you are ever on insomnia medicine, you'd understand what it means to wake up before the medicine's effects wear off. Right now, I'm still groggy and trying to shake the effects out my system; which isn't working if you can tell. I finally make it into church after I topple over a chair or two in the process.

Focus damnit.

"This picture..." Draven hold up the picture of the guy with one eye three fourths green and one fourth blue is held up. "Has been identified thanks to Wiz. Wiz take over." Draven says with the picture still in the air for us to see.

"Harper Van Dyke." Is all Wiz says. We all stare at him confused as to how that name would ring a bell to any of us.

"Harper Van Dyke... He's son of Millionaire lawyer Tyson Van Dyke. You're wandering how does this have to do with Kenna. Well, I took Kenna's hairbrush and had DNA testing done... Kenna's name is Avery Kenna Van Dyke... Also known as Kenna Willow Wedlow." Wiz informs us with the missing puzzle.

Realization smacks me full force in the face; waking me up. Harper is her brother and Tyson is her father. Kenna used a fake name to go into hiding. Why did she go into hiding for anyways?

"What else do you have? I know you dug to find out why she went into hiding." I comment back my thoughts.

"Good observation Dylan. Give me a second to pull the documents up on the screen." Wiz praises with a smirk on his damned face. In seconds he has the first newspaper clipping up on the board.

"Leaks of Prominent lawyer Tyson Van Dyke has been in a scandal that could cost him his career. If the accusations comes out as true, he'll be facing prison time for his crimes." Draven reads the first of it. Wiz clicks and a new clipping comes up.

"Lawyer Tyson Van Dyke's daughter Avery has gone missing. Her coming up missing when it's been a month since the accusations of her father came out is quite mysterious. Did Tyson have something to do with her disappearance? Did Avery go into hiding? Did she go into hiding over threats or is she scared?" Kaiser begins to read the clipping. I notice they used a picture of Kenna. One before I've met her. Before Mac ever encountered Kenna. Kenna has her hair in an elegant bun with polished clothes on with heels attached to her slender legs. She isn't in her usual clothes and flip flops or boots. I wouldn't have recognized her if it weren't for her bright colored eyes and that smile. This is a whole new side of her I never knew existed.

What has Kenna gotten into?

Before I could ask any questions; Vam Dyke's accusations were placed on the wall for us all to read.

"Tax fraud, stealing clients money, false and misleading statement in court, over billing for services, helping a few law enforcement officers frame people, abuse towards his children and wife, human trafficking, and lastly trafficking drugs he steals from locked up evidence." Dawson finally reads off.

"Good lord! What has gotten into this guy? How do you go from a prominent lawyer to a crooked son of a bitch?" I growl out. My mind goes back to before I met her. What did she endure while with her family? Was she abused? How bad was it? If he lays a hand on her!!!

"Where are they located last?" Draven asks Wiz.

"Six hours north of here in the big ole city of Lancashire" He comments.

"Wait! Where was the tags stolen from. It was six hours from here." I ask as I recall that information from last night.

"Somerset. It's....." Wiz pauses and his face turns grim. "Ten minutes from Lancashire." He finally says under his breath. But every single one of us heard him.

"Load up. We're taking a trip." Draven yells. I watch as my sister pecks his lips than walks over to Kaiser, Dawson, and I.

"Be careful and stay safe. Watch each other's back. Bring her home." Mac whispers with tears in her eyes. McKenzie is tough but she breaks at times. Seeing her cry is always hard on me. If I could rid the world of evil to keep my sister safe, I would. We walk to our weapons shed and immediately come face to face with Eve and Blade. One has geared up with a backpack full of food and drinks while the other has an opened backpack full of weapons in cases, grenades, and knives. Everleigh has the outline of a knife around her right ankle while her left ankle has an outline of a gun. She has her bullet proof vest on under her princess cut. Her waist has her holstered Glock. I have yet looked over at my nephew. I'm still in shock at how my niece is dressed. And more importantly why does she have so many weapons?! She has black leggings on and ankle boots. Her shirt is a black tee with a bulletproof vest under her MC Princess Cut. She wears her cut out when she's out in public and when she's out on the road with us. However, she isn't doing either one. So why are their cuts on?

"I'll meet you guys at the motorcycles. Gear up so we can get my Aunt back. I don't care what you say we're going whether you like it or not." She says as she storms off with Blade behind her. Mac give Everleigh a nod in approval. Something I still don't agree with. My almost eighteen year old niece and nephew shouldn't be going on this journey.

If only I voiced my concerns.