Ch 12: I Love You To The Blackhole & Back

"Uncle Dill, is that you or am I dead?" Blade's voice is weak and low. But I still heard him. My eyes snap back to his and soon I'm pushed out the way by everyone. Most the ranked members and our family have stampeding into this smallish room. I'm cramped into the corner by the door and counter. I can see through the spaces between bodies, Blade moving his head around frantically looking for someone. I'm not sure who that person is but they better make their appearance soon before his head swivels off his neck.

"Uncle Dill. Uncle Dylan!" He screams out. I stand in the same spot I was pushed into, frozen. He's looking for me? I can see hurt flash on Draven, Everleigh, and Mac's face before they mask it back up.

"I'm right here buddy. I'm right here." I call out over the sea of people. His moppy hair shakes as he swivels that head back around again looking.

"I'm by the door bud. Once it clears out some, I'll be there." I call out again, trying to calm his racing heart. Blade seems to understand as he lays his head back down and stares up at the ceiling. He might hold a special place in my heart but I hold one just as well in his. If you couldn't see it before, you can now. I stay hunkered in my spot for a while before people begin to leave his bedside. Once he's notices his room slowly emptying; his head pops off his pillow and is on a swivel yet again.

"Uncle!" He calls out. I walk to the side of the bed closest to the door and his eyes snap into mine.

"I'm here buddy. I'm right here." I whisper as my lips touch his forehead. I watch has his breathing calms back down and he lays his head back onto his pillow. And just like that, he's out like a light again. I take the seat by his bedside and take his right hand in my own. I hold his hand like my life is depending on it. Like he'll slip away again.

"Any word on Kenna?" Mom asks. All I can do is shake my head no. I'm caught in the middle. The middle where I want to be here for my nephew but I also need to be out there searching for Kenna.

"What's going through your head son?" Dad asks. I think for a moment before I answer. An answer that doesn't make me seem like a son of a bitch.

"How do I answer that question?" I ask with a question of my own.

"With honesty." Mac answers.

"Like shit. My head has so many jumbled thoughts. I need to find Kenna but I need to be here for Blade." I answer. Yes, I sound like a complete ass. But I'm torn on what to do.

"And what do you want to do?" Everleigh questions.

"I want to lock your Mac Junior ass up in a tower and never let you out for one" I answer with my brow raised.

"Awe come on Unc I'm not that bad, am I?" She says as she bats her lashes.

"You're worse than your mother." I grunt. I rest my head against Blade and my interlocked hands.

"Seriously, talk to us." Mom begs.

"She's the light to my darken nights. She's the moth to my flames. She's the Phoenix to my Dragon. Without her, I wouldn't be who I am. Without her, I'd be back to my wild ways. I need Kenna but Blade also needs me. How am I supposed to choose between her and my nephew, my special dude? I can't. I don't know which way to go. Up, down, East, West, left, right, North, South; hell do I go to the North Pole or wish to be taken to the Milky Way? I'm confused mom. Either way I go, I let someone down. Both are equally as important to me and I can not pick who to go to." I answer as tears fall off my chin onto the sterile floor.

"Kenna. Go find Kenna. I'll be fine Unc Dill. I promise. Remember you haven't shown me daily so I'll be here waiting. Just find my aunt." Blade mumbles out. Tears fall harder as I listen to his mumbling. Even in a daze, he still remembers that night. I let go of his hand and kiss his forehead.

"I love you to the Milky Way and back." I whisper. I hear a small chuckle.

"I love you to the black hole and back. I win." He barely whispers. This causes me to laugh a hearted laugh as I walk out of his room and head towards Wiz. Wiz should be in his room or church. Either or we have something to finish.

Find my heart, my soul, my life.

Find Kenna.