Chapter Nineteen

Castle's P.O.V

Castle let his hands drop to his sides. His father? This man is his father? It was like Castle was dreaming. Suddenly, everything seemed impossible, Kate being kidnapped, his father supposedly standing in front of him, was just too unreal.

Where were you was the first thing he wanted to ask, but he was on a deadline. He had to be at this bar at 11:30 pm and not a minute later or Kate would be killed.

"Listen son, I'm sorry-"

"As much as I'd love to hear your pathetic excuses for leaving my mother after knocking her up then letting her take care of me by herself when you clearly knew I was your son, I have other problems that I need to solve and I need your help." Castle's father nodded solemnly.

"Alright then. Does this have something to do with why you broke into my house?"

"Yes everything. My partner was kidnapped."

"Kate Beckett?"

"How do you know her name?"

"I look out for you Ricky. Just to make sure you are doing well. Also you do write books about her." Callaway walked past Castle and into the kitchen. "Would you like a drink?" He offered.

"No time, listen, I need you to go somewhere with me. A bar."

"We could have a drink here, no need to go to a bar, unless it's for something else."

"The man who has Beckett is willing to give her back, but he wants you in return." Castle was having second thoughts about bring his father to that man, but it's not like he made any attempt to be in Castle's life. Consider this payback.

"Okay... who is this man?" Castle shook his head.

"I don't know I only spoke to him once. Look I just need to get her back okay."

"Did you ever consider that this man might want to kill me?"

"Yes," Castle gulped but said nothing else. He might look like he didn't care, but on a personal level it bothered him. If he really was asking his father to die to save Beckett, then he would certainly appreciate him more for it. Not to mention the unbearable guilt. Callaway looked at him like he could see right through him. It unsettled Castle greatly and he shifted on his feet.
After awhile Callaway spoke.

"Alright, let me get my jacket." Callaway steps over his shot gun while heading up the steps. A moment later he is back down again in a black jacket with a hood.

"Why are you wearing a jacket? It almost 65 degrees out."

"Because son, there's a storm coming." Callaway zipped up and stepped out the door with Castle at his heels. It was a cloudless night. Castle had a sinking feeling he wasn't talking about the weather.

So long time no see. I have currently moved to a non WiFi area and struggle to find it. Also I'm not as into this story right now. But that's nothing serious to worry about. I've been had my highs and lows with this story, and right now is just a low. Once the Castle new season buzz comes around I should be back in shape. But for now updates will be slow and steady. Vote and comment! Sorry for such a short chapter.