Chapter Twelve

Yes, I missed a couple of Fridays; no one is perfect, but it turns out I work better without deadlines. So now I will update every other day. Trust me, you guys will get more chapters this way. Also I plan on doing dedications starting next chapter, so comment if you would like a dedication. Enjoy!

Kate's POV

It was suddenly so clear, Kate wondered why it didn't click at first sight. This man did look similar to Castle. While she stared at his face, his lips pulled back and he chuckled at her shocked expression.

"I know what you're thinking Kate. Who am I to Richard Castle? And why did I want you so badly?" It was certainly going to be her next thought. "Well, we don't need to go into all of that right now." He leaned back with his hands behind his head, apparently relaxed with the situation he put her in. Kate dug her finger nails into her thigh to keep from launching herself across the table and doing something she certainly wouldn't regret. She needed to calm down. Her frustration probably glowed like a red stop sign on her face.

"So what do you want to go into?," she settled on with a sigh.

"Your relationship with Mr.Castle." She gave him a puzzled look on purpose.

"What relationship?" There honestly isn't one. He just follows me around like a lost puppy, she was tempted to complain but knew better.

" I've been keeping an eye on you two." He looked down, swirling his finger on top of the table in slow precise circles.

" It's not hard to see he has developed feelings for you, and you for him." Kate seemingly bored with his accusation, just crossed her arms and cocked her head to the side while his sly eyes followed her movements critically.

"Really, is that what you think?"

"Are you telling me I'm wrong?" He raised one eyebrow.

"I'm not telling you you're right."

"Oh, okay then." He sat up a little straighter, and Kate hunched over just a bit more. "Well, he did take you to an exquisite restaurant."

"And that makes me special how?" She then surveyed her nails with interest. He was silent for what seemed like the longest time. When she finally looked up, her eyes met his steely blue ones.

"You aren't special.You're another one of his hoes. Another pretty arm on his, another score on his rack, a homerun in his ballgame, a-"

"Shut up! Don't you think I know that?! Don't you think I feel that way?!" She lost it, automatically giving him the point he wanted, and she knew it. And sure enough, he had a triumphant smile on his face."Just- why does this mean anything to you? You still haven't told me why I'm here or who you are."

"You are bait to get Castle to comply with a deal I've come up with."

"What deal?"

"That's not really relevant for your ears."

"I swear to god if you don't tell me something-"

"My name is Darren. Are you happy now?"
Far from it.

Darren got up suddenly and headed for the door. " Wait!" He paused without turning around. She could see his wide shoulders move up and down with every breath. "What makes you think Castle would save me?"

"Because you are worth a lot to him."

"But how do you know?"

"If he agrees to my deal, he could tell you himself." A cold tremor ran thorough her as he walked out the door. Almost immediately, before Kate could form a coherent thought, Castro entered the room with a grim expression.

"Let's go," he said, and she got up and walked out the door while his large palm held it open. "Stop there," he bellowed when she apparently walked too far away. After a second, he grasped her are tightly and lead her forward.

"Ow, what the hell?" Kate exclaimed and he immediately loosened his grip.

"I'm sorry," he huffed, "but who is this Castle guy he keeps talking about? Is he your boyfriend?"

"I-no, he's just- let go of me!" Kate yanked her arm back, almost stumbling into the wall. She had absolutely enough of the insistent questions about Castle. Her body was shaking with so much rage. Castro stood back wide eyed .

"Why is Castle important to you guys?!"

"He is the reason you are her Kate," he stated simply.

"Who is Darren and how are they related?"

"I can't tell you anything Darren hasn't told you himself."

"FOR ONCE COULD SOMEONE JUST GIVE ME AN ANSWER!" She was on the verge of tears and she fought to hold them back. Kate wanted to think that she had gone through worse, and she felt like she had, but nothing would come to mind.

"I'm sorry. I'm not the one doing this to you, though ," he whispered sincerely.

"You aren't really helping either. Why can't you help me out of this? You must want to." God, she was being weak, but the sadness leaked out like a fountain that she couldn't contain.

Castro silently took her hand into his warm one sending a shock up her arm. "I want to," he said softly, and pulled her gently the rest of the way. When they got to the cell, Castro  reached into his pocket for the key, but not before Kate made a daring decision.

"Wait," she said calmly, and stepped in front of the cell door, blocking him from opening it. With out another word Kate grabbed his arms and pulled him closer until their lips met. At first he was unresponsive, and Kate wondered if she was wrong to kiss him, but then he caressed her face while slowly pulling her against him and she moaned.  Her hands slid slowly down his waist and she marveled at how firm he felt through his black button down shirt. He seemed even more eager to touch her, running his fingers through her tangled hair while his other hand rubbed circles at the base of her back. His lips were soft and rough, playing with hers, and Kate felt herself heat up all over. She pulled away before she could become breathless and slammed his head into the cell's bars before he opened his eyes. Castro crumpled to the floor like a rag doll.

Kate acted quickly, grabbing him under his arms and unlocking the cell door with the keys she managed to slip out of his pocket. Then she dragged him into the cell, walked out, and locked the door behind her. There was blood coating Castro's forehead, and Kate hoped she didn't kill him. She only kissed him to get him to let his guard down and knock him out. It was cruel, yes, to use his feelings to her advantage, play with him, then kick his ass. She didn't want to though, and immediately felt horrible. But there was nothing she could do now but carry on with the rest of her plan. With one last glance at Castro, Kate whispered " I'm sorry," and walked away.