Chapter Seven

Vote and comment at your own will, but please read my story!

Kate's POV

She could hear voices as she woke up. They were muffled, like it was coming from behind a door. Her arms wobbled when she pushed herself off the cold stone floor into a sitting position.

"Ah," Kate hissed. She tried to move her legs but a sharp pain ran up her ankle. It was then she noticed that took her heels. There was a dim light bulb outside of the cage she was in. Not a cage really, more like a cell. There was an empty one across from hers. The cell Kate sat in was empty space and wide. Suddenly a door blocked from her view banged open.

"Hey Castro, she's awake!" It was a deep rumbling voice. The door slammed shut and a looming figure looked through the cell bars.

" Hey sweetie. Well aren't you a sight for soar eyes." Kate slowly raised her head to look at him. He crossed his muscled arms with a sick grin on his face that made her want to shoot it off.

"It's a real shame about that dress, though," he cocked his head to the side while his eyes roamed her body,"less is more."

Kate spoke dangerously low. "Where am I?"

"You're in a cell. I thought that was obvious."

"That's not what I mean."

" I know what you mean, but there isn't reason to tell you."

" You listen to me," Kate snapped," I don't know who you are and I don't know what you want, but I want you to know me. I am your doom. You made a very bad mistake taking me."

He just chuckled. " Oh really, and why is that sweetie? You going to walk through these bars and murder me?"

She didn't answer and he squatted down to her height.

"It might just be the other way around. So be a good girl, and let us do our job." Kate caught something in that sentence.

" Your job? Is someone paying you to do this?" He ignored her question, stood up straight and walked out of view.

"She's all yours," Kate heard him say to someone. Another guy walked in younger than the first and who she would say as an observation, was handsome. He had curly locks, but Kate could not tell if his hair was brown or black, and he was tall.

" My name is Castro, what's yours."

" Fuck off."

Castro wasn't smug like the other guy. He continued on as if she actually said her name.

"How's your ankle? Would you like some ice?"

" It's a bit too late for courtesy, don't you think?" Kate practically snarled at him.

Castro didn't even flinch.

"Willie! Get some ice in a bag!" Even though the door was closed a few minutes later, the same man who was in there before, came back with a bag of ice. Castro snatched it from Willie, took a key out of his back pocket and unlocked the door. He opened it wide.

I'm injured. He's not worried about me trying to escape.

Castro then bent down and slid the pack towards her. It stopped right at her legs. Kate's ankle was in bad shape. It was swollen and ached with throbbing pain, but she just stared at the ice like it was an infected rat.

Finally, Castro spoke again.

" I want to help you. I want to be your friend." Kate didn't even comment on how sick that last sentence was.

" You want to help me, you let me go. I'll put in a good word with the police and reduce your sentence." Kate knew she wouldn't follow through on that. At all.

"I can't do that."

Really didn't expect for it to be that easy anyway.

" Someone is going to look for me. And when they find me, I will walk out of here and give you hell."

"You could be dead long before then." Castro turned and walked out, but not before calling back to her." Know who your enemies are!" followed by the slam of the door.