Chapter Eighteen

Kate's P.O.V

"Noooooo!" Kate screamed as loud as she could. It was pointless, she knew. If anyone was out there, they wouldn't care about what was happening to her. They were all probably in on it and when Willie was done with her, they'd take turns and-

The door banged open. "Kate!" She turned her head to see Castro dropping whatever was in his hands onto the floor with an enraged look. Willie looked up at Castro and smiled.

"Hey man. I'm going to fuck this bitch up for getting me in trouble with the boss. You should take a shot at her as well for beating the shit out of you."

"Yeah I'll take a shot alright." Kate gasped in panic as he charged through the bar doors. She knew she hurt him and he probably hated her but it was still a shock on how far he would go for payback. It wasn't till after she thought it, that Castro grabbed Willie by the collar and heaved him of off her, throwing him against the wall with ample strength, and began pounding his face into the wall. Blood soaked his fist and ran down his arm with each punch he threw until Willie got over his shock and pushed Castro off of him, then held him off when Castro charged at him again.

" Man, what the hell is your problem?!"

Castro didn't answer. Instead he kneed Willie in the groin and when he doubled over in agony, Castro kneed him again, this time square in the face. Willie dropped onto the floor, his large body slapping so hard against it echoed throughout the room. Kate sat up, her mouth open in shock. Castro's chest was heaving and it took him a second for his eyes to fly to her face. He dropped down to his knees in front of her.

"Are you okay?" He spoke with apparent concern. His hand reached out to touch her cheek, but pulled back when he noticed Willie's blood all over it.

"I'm so sorry about Willie. If I knew what he was going to do to you I would have..." He shook his head unable to finish. Kate was at a lose of words. He just saved her. Well for now. She glanced back at the slumbering giant.

"Speak to me. I need to know if your alright. Kate?"

"Yeah?" She sounded lost and as empty as a hollowed shell. Where the hell was her voice? She scratched the painful spot on the back of her arm.

"Hey," he spoke so softly and calm that Kate had to look at him.

"I'm going to get you out of here." He took her breath away with his assurance and determination. And she really wanted him to save her. She didn't think she had it in her to do anything but curl up and cry. Which was why it wasn't a surprise to her when tears streaked down her dirty cheeks. Castro wiped his hand against Willie's shirt before sliding next to Kate and wrapping his arms around her. She slide down to his chest and buried her face into his shirt. She hated herself for being so emotional in front of someone she barely knew. It killed her that she couldn't stop it, couldn't help it if she tried. She wouldn't be here if it wasn't for Castle. This had everything to do with him yet she was caught in the middle of it. She wouldn't be at her lowest point and completely defenseless depending on a complete stranger to save her if he was the man she thought he was.

"I- I hate h-him. I hate him so much."
"I know. I'm here though. I won't let anything happen to you. And I'd never put you in harms way." He stroked her hair gently and she could feel herself succumbing to him, latching on to his every word. When she could think clear she lifted her head to look at his eyes.

" I thought you were going to..."

"To what?," He urged and Kate gulped.

"To take him up on his offer." She swiftly turned away, embarrassment clear on her cheeks but Castro grabbed her chin and turned her face back to him.

"Why would you think that?" His eyes were intense and she was afraid she angered him.

"Because of what I did to you earlier." The bruise was clear across his forehead, and Kate was trying not to stare. Castro chuckled.

"No I'm not mad at you. I'm in shock actually, that you managed to knock me out. Then again a kiss from you would bring down anyones defenses."

"Well, I'm sorry."

"I know why you did it. You saw me as an enemy."

"No."

"I was keeping you captive. You had to defeat me."

" What is this a video game? I saw that you cared about me and I took advantage of it. Not my proudest moment I swear." She reached up and pushed his hair way from the angry purple bruise, then lightly traced a single finger over it, watching Castro relax and close his eyes. Brown. His hair was definitely brown.

"Well this time I'm going to let you take advantage of me. I mean my care," he mumbled. Kate's finger traveled down the slope of his nose, to the stubble over his lip, to his top lip, and around to the bottom, in a trance. A muffled groan shocked both of them out of it. Castro opened his eyes and grabbed her wrist.

"Come on, I need to get you out of here before that asshole wakes up."
He got up then helped Kate to her foot that she could balance on.

"I brought bandages and a coat you could wear." He bandaged her foot quickly. He must of had experience in that kind of thing, seeing as how neat it was when he was through.
It hurt though. Kate was biting her lip the entire time to keep from crying out.

" Okay, the worst is over," he assured her while grabbing the black trench coat from the floor, and helped her put it on. It was a relief to Kate to be fully covered.

"What exactly is your plan?," she inquired.

"You let me handle that."

"Well how am I supposed to-"

"Walk? I'm going to carry you." He lifted her up into his arms bridal style and nudged open the cell door with his boot. Kate wrapped her arms around his neck while Castro jogged a ways down the hallway. He made a few turns before stopping completely. The coat collar was hiding Kate's face, so she couldn't see why until she heard his voice.

"Thank you Castro, but I can take it from here." It was Darren.