Chapter Three

Sorry I'm taking so long with these updates. I love your encouraging comments and I feel like you are giving me more support than I deserve. I will try my best to keep up on this story. You guys are truly awesome! Enjoy.

The inside of La Bella was like a palace . It had red walls engraved with a shimmery gold design and round booths the same color in rows. The booths framed the outside of a grand ballroom floor where couples could dance to their heart's content. The most amazing sight was the glass ceiling that gave a beautiful view to the city lights, though Kate preferred to see the stars.

They both walked in, arm in arm to the person who they recognized as someone who would show them to their table.

As "Greg" led them down a hallway leading to a room of tables, Castle leaned down to Kate's ear and softly whispered " I'm really hungry."  Kate shivered in response of his breath tickling her ear. Gratefully, Castle didn't notice so she shrugged it off.

When they arrived at their table, Castle, like the gentleman his mother taught him to be, pulled out a chair for her before he sat down.

He didn't know what it was that made him want to do all of this for Kate. He wasn't regretting it yet. Kate still need to control herself and get through it without doing something...stupid. And anything could fall under that category. The succulent aroma of spiced food teased her nose and her stomach growled. Castle flashed her a small smile before opening his menu. Kate finally asked the question that was probing her mind.

"So, how did you get reservations for this place?"

"I have a friend who works here and they owed me a favor."

" Oh let me guess. The chief."

"Mmm, close. The chief's sister."

"The chief's sister," Kate repeated slowly, not understanding why that made her stomach turn. It's not like she cared that there were women in his life that she didn't know about.

"Why does she owe you a favor?"Kate dodged his eyes when he looked up from his menu. She needed to know, well she thought she did.

"Oh we-"

"Are you ready to order?" Greg, now their waiter, asked. He stood patiently with a pen and pad.

"Um..." Castle noticed Kate didn't touch her menu.

When she finally looked at him, she answered his questioning gaze.

" Yeah, were ready. You can just surprise me with whatever the special is tonight."She felt like she could eat anything the waiter put in front of her.

"Alright, and you sir?"

"Yes, I'll have the same."

The waiter took the menu and told them he would be back shortly. Castle was still amazed that she had actually agreed to this. He felt like nothing could bring him down tonight.

"Hello Rick."

They both turned toward the voice at the same time.

A woman, brunette,tall, with full lips, caramel eyes, and flushed cheeks, stood over their table. Kate didn't know her but noticed she looked very beautiful in a long shimmering silver dress with a sling strap.

Castle, on the other hand, knew her well. Very well. He shifted uncomfortably in his chair, knowing that his night just took a turn for the worst.

"Hello Melissa." A smile spread across her face.

"You remember my name. I'm flattered. It was a very wild night for us, last week. I would have understood if you forgot."

"Um, no I remember."

"Everything?," she purred.

By now Kate was starting to catch on. Melissa was another woman she didn't know about. She looked over at Castle. He seemed to be flustered and didn't know what to say. Well she did. Kate looked back up at Melissa with a fake smile plastered on her lips.

" I'm sorry, who are you exactly?"

Melissa focused on her with an unkind look in her eyes but kept smiling.

"Me and Rick met at a bar last week and had a couple of drinks. It's a bit blurry afterwords, but the next think I know I'm waking up in his bed."

Melissa then looked back at Castle who felt like disappearing about now.

" By the way, you haven't been returning my calls. I hope that I wasn't just a one night stand for you." Her tone became a bit more angry.

He looked at Kate who looked back at him like she was going to strangle him while Melissa crossed her arms waiting for an answer. Castle was stuck.