Chapter 20

Kate's P.O.V

She held her breath and stiffened in Castro's arms. Kate looked over at Darren who was staring straight at Castro. His eyes were hard and his jaw twitched as he cocked his head quizzically.

"Uh Darren, I was just bringing her to you," Castro kept his voice relatively level while Kate gulped.

"Really? Because I don't remember telling you to." His voice was clipped and controlled but most of all impatient. "So why don't you hand her over and I'll deal with you later." Castro's arms tightened around her and she looked up in time to see his eyes glance down at her and his Adams apple bob. To her horror, his steeled arms slowly uncurled from around her, and he stepped forward towards Darren who held out his arms, ready to accept her.

She closed her eyes as Darren roughly took her out of Castro's arms and into his. Kate looked back at Castro who looked utterly defeated. He lifted his eyes to meet hers but Kate didn't look at his face. She was too busy noticing the sudden red dot on his heart. Before she could open her mouth, the sharp sound of a snipers bullet piercing flesh,  caught her throat. She watched wordlessly as Castro collapsed on the floor, his eyes rolling back in his head.

"NO!" She managed to strangle out at the same time Darren turned the other way and started walking. He gave a nod to the shooter who disappeared around the corner before Kate could see him. Her chest buds with a flooding pain. All she can see is Castro falling over and over again.

"Well Kate. I didn't know you two were getting so close. Castle will be so sad." Kate didn't appreciate the intrusion of Castle coming into her mind.

"Like I'd ever see Castle again," she mumbles. Darren doesn't reply, only walks up stairs leading to the outside. Kate appreciated the outside air, taking huge lung fills of it. It calms her a little to feel the rush of a breeze against her face. She wondered if she died now, would she care. No, she decided. No she wouldn't.

It took a little while for her eyes to adjust to the dark, but when they did, she could see they were in an open parking lot. She tried to look behind her at the building they came out of but Darren's arm obstructed her view. He carried her to the only black car in the parking lot and layer her in the back seat.

"Where are we going?" She asked.

"For a little ride."

So I'm kind of mad. I haven't seen any episodes of Castle for this season because my grandparents want me to get ready for bed at nine. Bummer but I'll find a way. Can't tell you when the next upload will be, just stay tuned. Comment and don't forget to vote!