The Token Sentimental Chapter, Part One

Knock knock knock!

I woke up in shock and checked the clock. 8:32 AM. The kids would be arriving any second now! In fact, that was probably one of them. I stood up and realized that Adam was still there. I woke him up in a panic. He was confused.

"Takashi... what..?" He asked. Then, he looked around and realized what was going on. "Adam, there's a kid at the door right now. Stay here." I explained, quickly changing from yesterday's clothes.

I ran down the stairs and opened the door. It was Lotor. I let him inside and shut the door behind him, contemplating how to get Adam out of there. At least it was Lotor and not Keith.

"Shiro... I'm hungry..." He suddenly said, breaking my train of thought. I glanced at him. "Did you not eat breakfast?" I asked. He shook his head. "I haven't eaten since last afternoon."

I froze. I didn't know much about kids, but I knew that wasn't normal. "Would you like me to make something?" I asked. He nodded. So, I made my way to the kitchen and started making some pancakes.

Maybe Adam could climb out of my window. Or maybe if I got him out now then Lotor wouldn't make a big deal out of it. I took a peek into the living room. Lotor was watching TV.

I ran up the stairs. "Okay, it's just Lotor in there, so it's a straight shot to the door. Just walk past them, I'll explain that you had to get something this morning or something." I said, out of breath.

"Why don't we just tell him what actually happened?" Adam asked. "Because kids take everything out of proportion," I said, running back down. "I'm making pancakes. I'll save you some." I told Adam, making my way back to the kitchen. Adam followed me down.

"Why is Adam here?" Keith asked. I jumped. "Keith?? When did you get here??" I asked. "Lotor just let me in." He shrugged, "So why is Adam here?" I blinked. "Uh... he had to get... his wallet. He left it the last time he visited us." I smiled.

"Right..." Keith said, starting to laugh. I shook my head frantically. "Keith, no, no. It's not like that." I said, my voice a bit louder than anticipated. Adam laughed. "See, look? My wallet." He said, pulling it out of his pocket. "I had to get it. I'll be on my way now." He walked toward the door.

"Bye, Adam," I said, waving slightly. "Bye, Takashi." He waved as well and left the house. I realized he had no way of getting home. I opened the door again and called for him. "Do you need me to take you home?" I asked.

"I'll take the bus. Take care of the kids." He said. I nodded and smiled slightly. "Alright. See you soon." I said. I watched Adam walk away, my eyes lingering a moment longer.

I walked back in, ignoring Keith's stare, and went back to making pancakes. Slowly, more and more kids arrived, until Pidge was the only one not there. Lotor looked up at me.

"What's up?" I asked, putting the last of the pancakes on the plate. "This could be a bit much to ask, but..." He started. Fear rose in my chest. What was he about to ask for??

"Do you have any syrup we could use?"

My heart broke. That shouldn't be considered 'too much to ask'. "Of course, Lotor. You don't have to ask me." I smiled warmly and grabbed it out of the cabinet. The doorbell rang. I handed him the syrup and made my way to the door.

"Hi, Shiro!" Pidge shouted, making her way inside. Sam Holt was with her. I remembered what Colleen had said about him being somewhat 'missing'. "Did you get to your wife?" I asked.

"Yes, don't worry. I had just had a business trip that afternoon." He said, popping some of those peach mints into his hands. "That's good," I said, grabbing the door to shut it. He stopped me, grabbing a neon green marker pen and a small notebook.