Pool Shenanigans, and I am Offered a Dance

The moment I stepped into the premises of the Royal Glaciers Pool Complex, I regretted it. There were kids everywhere-- running, screaming, crying. It was a mess. I quickly made my way to the party room, which was indoors, thank God. I had Adam with me.

Mrs. McClain greeted us immediately. "Hey, Shiro, right?" She asked. Lance must've told her that as my name, so I just nodded. She grinned, "So I see you've brought your boyfriend."

I froze. Adam wasn't my boyfriend. I glanced over at him. He just laughed as if nothing was wrong. "Oh, no. We're just friends." He explained. She frowned, "My son told me you two were together... I'm awfully sorry."

"Don't worry about it." Adam smiled, "We're just happy to be here."

...God, Adam was hot.

We left the gifts on the gift table and walked back outside. A kid almost ran into me but darted in another direction at the last second. I quickly spotted Lance atop the waterslide, making the kids cheer him on. He then slid down the slide headfirst. The second he popped out, he tackled another kid into the water.

I saw Allura and Coran entering the Pool Complex and Keith somewhere in the pool. Keith seemed to see me at the same time and swam over, climbing over the edge of the pool and jogging over.

"Shiro! This is so awesome! You have to come in with us!" He started dragging me over. Adam put a hand on my shoulder. "Are you able to swim..?"

Oh. Right. My prosthetic arm. "Yeah, no, it's waterproof," I assured him. He let go. I wished he hadn't.

Keith continued to drag me toward the pool. He thought he had me. I let him think he was going to be able to pull me into the pool. Then, at the last second, I picked him up, just like I had at the beach. His eyes widened. "Shiro--"

I tossed him into the pool. He splashed a few other kids when he touched water, Lance included. Lance noticed me and pointed me out to his friends. "EVERYONE GET SHIRO!" He shouted.

I panicked. One kid, I could handle. But there were five kids, plus Keith, who had since emerged from the water. I looked at Adam for help, but he just chuckled as I was tugged into the water. Kids came at me from all angles, dragging me down to the depths below.

When I finally escaped, after what felt like minutes of being underwater, I made my way back to Adam, shivering. "Towel. Now." I grumbled. Adam found it in my bag and handed it to me. I wrapped my towel around me and glared at him.

"What?" He asked innocently.

"You watched," I muttered. "You watched as those kids tormented me. You saw my clear distress and chose to viciously turn the other way. And then you had the audacity to laugh at my suffering."

"Shiro, they didn't torment you. You were under the water for five seconds." He rolled his eyes, a smile tugging at the corners of his lips. "It doesn't even look like you got any chlorine in your eyes. I think you're being overdramatic."

"I'm not being overdramatic. Those kids were out to kill me, Adam." I insisted. Adam wrapped his arms around me. "You're alright." He mumbled. "You're alright. Everything's alright." It seemed to be a tactic of calming me down.

It caught me off guard, but it was very comforting. I leaned into his embrace and hugged him back. Eventually, he murmured, "But I am letting go now. You're still soaking wet."

I laughed. "Fine, fine."

***

Later, when I was in the pool, I was tossing a water football with Keith. Keith accidentally threw it past me. It soared over my head, and as I followed its trail, I saw it heading straight toward where Lance, Pidge, and Allura were talking.