26

Chapter 26

Tomlin

Tuesday Lunch Hour 12:15 pm

***

I was sitting at the lunch table alone planning what I'd do about Dylan and Andrew. They were sitting at a table across from me with Tessa looking every bit as upset as I was. Great. Here we go again. More drama.

Andrew was gone when I woke up Monday morning. I hadn't heard from him or Dylan since, which I found strange. We always were texting and usually we spent Mondays listening to new bands. I was annoyed to say the least. And Tessa looked mighty pleased with herself. I hated that.

Someone sat down next to me, bringing my attention away from my friends. I had my ear pods in and looked down at the ground trying to deduce who it was from their shoes. Small feet with vans. Short legs. Jeans not basketball shorts like Jay or slacks like Darius. And the jeans were skinny jeans and Ryland doesn't wear those. Sammy. Had to be. I glanced up and sure as shit it was him. I was proud of my detective skills. I pulled my pods out and smiled at him.

"What up, Shorty?" I winked.

"We would like you to come on a date with us. Where would you like to eat?" His green eyes lit up with mischief.

"Rome." I said sarcastically. I looked back to my civics book I'd been studying.

"Damn, I really do know you." He whispered.

"What?"

"Nothing. It's nothing. Can you skip school tomorrow?"

I looked at him. "Why would I need to skip tomorrow?" I furrowed my brows.

"Uh, to go eat in Rome. Duh."

I laughed at him. "Get the fuck out of here. Your boyfriend's are missing you." I pointed at the three idiots standing by the doorway leading into the cafeteria.

I noticed I got all their outfits right, except Ryland, he was in basketball shorts and a muscle white t-shirt matching Jay today, usually he wore levis and plain colored tee shirts. Jay always wore athletic clothes. Darius always wore slacks and a polo. And Sammy dressed like me. Skinny jeans and sweatshirts most of the time. Although mine usually had words where his were plain. Black mostly. Lots of different blacks.

"Seriously, do you want to go on the date or not?" Sammy sounded irritated.

"Give me a second. I'm sizing up your eye candy. It's not fair you get all that testosterone." I whined.

"We don't think it's fair either. So gawk and think and then say yes to us." He smiled softly.

"Look away from me, Heathen. Shit, I hate it when you flirt, you little minx." He chuckled and turned completely away from me.

I thought about it. Three of the four of them were richer than rich. I should probably watch what I say to them. They really could take me to Rome and then I'd be a goner. And I was already beginning to think I was a goner when it came to them which scared the fuck out of me. I wanted Jay here. He was a calming force.

"Rainforest Café."

Sammy turned back to me with a glare. "That's not in Rome. Dude, what the fuck? You just said Italy. Doesn't that sound better?"

See, the bastard was serious. Fuck me. They were making it hard to say no to them. "Yes, of course it does. But I don't have a passport and I hate planes. They terrify me. I was being sarcastic before, Shorty."

He pouted. "And your next best choice was a Café in a casino?"

I laughed. "Sammy," I whined. "I don't want to go on a date. You guys are making it hard on me now. Don't do that. Leave this alone. Let it be amicable. Please? I beg of you."