12

Chapter 12

Sammy

Thursday 2:35pm after school

***

"Why are you lying to everyone?" I jumped at the voice.

Tomlin Lemons.

I was walking home alone today because I lived close by. Of course he would pop out of nowhere in his weird old 80's car that probably used to be cool. I didn't even know Tomlin had a car. Did you?

"What do you think I'm lying about?"

He was driving beside me and parked. "Get in for two minutes, Shorty."

"My names-"

He put a hand up to stop me. "Do not spoil my fun, young man. Your name is Shorty."

I rolled my eyes and got in his old car. It was white and smelled like cigarettes. Probably because this fool had one hanging out of his mouth. Why was that sexy?

"So, What do you think I'm lying about?" I asked Tomlin who just shrugged.

"Shorty, you are gay. And you have slept with at least one of those boys. I can tell these things. I am a certified life coach ya know. It's weird that you keep saying it. So, why do you? Come on, open up. I'm here." He waved his hand like he was the queen, allowing me to bestow upon him my problems.

"Yeah, I've done shit with all of them. And it's against the friend rules. There really is a girl though."

"Sure there is." He chided.

I sighed and grabbed my phone. I pulled up my texts and call history on her contact and handed it to him.

"Okay." He nodded. "Fine, there's a girl. But are you confused? Or are you just bi?"

I frowned. "I don't know. I'm...." I sighed, running a hand through my short hair.

"I'm 70 percent gay. 30 percent just want someone to pay attention to me. And she does. I think ... .I think I'm a bi hoe." It just flew out of my mouth and I couldn't stop it.

Tomlin hit me in my arm and laughed. "Me too, bitch."

"And really I just want to be with-"

"No names!" Tomlin screeched. Damn, he was serious.

"I really just want to be with my friends. Like, I feel like we are together some days and not other days. And sometimes I can get Ole Navy eyes, as you call him, to even punish me like I like him too. My safe word is Balloon." I said it like it was a normal thing to say and almost took it back, but Tomlin looked so interested I had to smile.

Tomlin beamed at me. "What the fuck got you guys into this kink? If you don't mind me asking? Because I swear most people don't know this shit. The only thing I know about polygamy is from Big Love and Sister Wives on TV. And the bdsm stuff I get from porn. That's what you mean by punishment. Right?"

I blushed. "Yeah."

"Oh," Tomlin clapped his hands together. "Please tell me."

I blushed at him again. "It's supposed to be a really big secret."

"How big?" He eyed me.

"Big enough if Navy Eyes knew I told you I'd probably be-"

"Disowned. Yeah. Yeah. Right, but would you tell a therapist?"

I thought about it for a few long minutes. "Yes, I definitely would because it was a pivotal thing in my life."

"Then bring it on, Sister. I know you want to tell someone. And I'm as good as any therapist. I promise." He hit my leg and batted his eyes at me.

"Sister?" I eyed him funny.

"Bro? Fellow bottom? Shorty? Fine Shorty it is."

"Tomlin, you're weird."

He laughed, inhaling his cigarette. "Yeah, I've been told that a few times. Stop stalling and spill the fucking beans. I'm practically a stranger. A guy in passing. If you tell me the story I can help you."

"Fine, but it's a long story."

"I'll take us through a Wendy's and we can eat under a shade tree in my neighborhood. My dad said he wants to talk to me so I need to hide anyway."

"Alright, but you're paying for the food."

"Deal, Shorty."

I didn't know if I liked that nickname, but I was going to deal with it for the time being.