The Set Up

You hated Anakin. Anakin hated you. You thought he was full of himself and stuck up. He though you were weak and let people step all over you. You guys fought a lot. Due to the frequent arguing, the council sent you two on some of the "less important" missions as a way to try to bond you. They always failed at bonding you both, but the missions always came back successful.

Today, you and Anakin were sent out on another mission. Your goal was to scout out a separatist base on a planet in the outer rim.

Your shared fighter ship landed on the rocky surface of the planet. You decided to land about 2 miles out from the base and you were going to walk the rest on foot to keep from drawing attention.

As you and Anakin got out of the ship, the wind was strong enough that it almost knocked you back inside.

You both secured your weapons to your back as Anakin took a deep breath and started walking into the desert.

"This planet always seems so desolate, but there's always something lurking in the shadows." He spoke in a voice that almost sounded like he was just thinking out loud.

He then turned to you, and he still had a bit of a serious look on his face.

"You ready for this mission?" He asked.

"Of course I am. You always underestimate me." You roll your eyes. "Now let's get going."

You and Anakin started hiking your way over the rocky terrain towards the base.

"Did Kenobi tell you about this planet?" You ask, breaking the silence.

"What about it?" Anakin replied with a flat tone.

"There are frequent earthquakes here, so stay close and keep your eyes open." I warned.

He just nodded in response.

"Alright then." Anakin replied quietly as he turned away from you. He was always so mysterious when you spoke to him, as if he had something to hide.

As you both made your way across the terrain you noticed something.

"Anakin." You said with a worried tone, as you pointed to the ground.

"What?" Anakin asked, sounding slightly irritated at you.

"Shh." You said, shushing Anakin.

You then noticed it too, the ground beneath your feet started to ripple.

You looked at Anakin with wide eyes. "What do we do?"

A rumbling sound began and it got louder and louder by the second. The ground violently shifted sending you flying on top of Anakin. He fell to the ground with you on top of him. The ground continued to shake as stray rocks flew all around you.

Before you had a chance to say anything, you could feel Anakin put you into an embrace. His arms were wrapped tightly around you, shielding you from the flying rocks and debris.

His face was pressed up against yours, his eyes staring back at you in surprise.

You could see through the emotion in Anakin's eyes that he felt the same surprise and worry that you did. A feeling of mutual protection and safety from the events happening around you.

All that safety was gone in an instant as you saw the ground around you slowly give away. Turns out this "mountain" you were on, was actually hollow. It took no communication between yourself and Anakin to jump up and desperately try to run before the ground beneath you fell.

Anakin had a tight grasp on your wrist as he yanked you behind him trying to keep the two of you on stable ground, but to no avail. The ground gave beneath you and you and your partner fell about 13 feet into what looked to be a natural made cave.