Roadtrip V (Modern AU)

Warnings: a little spicy

You and Anakin stay in the beach all day. At about 6:00 p.m. you decide to go inside.

As the sunlight fades, you and Anakin get up from your towels and walk back towards your rental house.

Before you know it, the two of you are already in the kitchen together cooking food.

Anakin smiles at you, as he chops some vegetables for the dinner you're both cooking.

You put some water on to boil, as you both chop vegetables for the meal you're having.

Suddenly, Anakin looks up at you and asks the next question.

"Hey. Can I talk to you about something?"

"No." You reply bluntly.

You just want to enjoy your vacation without taking about your whole situation and you've voiced that multiple times to Anakin.

"Come on. It's really important. I know you don't want to talk about Padme, and that's fine. But this is something else entirely. Just listen to what I have to say, okay?"

Anakin smiles at you, as he continues to cook dinner.

"Please."

Anakin's voice is gentle, and you can feel a hint of sadness and pleading as he asks you again.

"Fine."

Anakin takes a deep breath, and then begins to speak.

"Padme and I are over..."

You pause for a moment, and stare at Anakin. You can feel your heart pounding in your chest, and feel your ears turn red as Anakin continues to speak.

"I texted her. I told her I'm done seeing her. That I love someone else."

Anakin says, and you can feel a small sigh of relief as Anakin tells you something that you already suspected.

You feel like a weight had been lifted off your shoulders in that moment. But you weren't going to let Anakin know that.

"Okay." You reply. No emotions.

You start seasoning the chicken you planned on grilling.

Anakin smiles at you as you season the chicken, and he continues to chop vegetables for dinner in front of you.

You can feel Anakin looking at you, and you take a peek at Anakin while you add seasoning to the chicken.

You see Anakin's face, which is still flushed and sweaty after spending all day in the sun next to you.

He looks at you with a soft smile, and you can feel him getting closer to you.

He puts his hands on the counter next to where you are standing, and leans down closer to you.

"Anakin, what are you doing?"

Anakin's face is just inches away from your own now.

His eyes look deep into yours, and you can feel yourself starting to feel nervous.

"I just really want a kiss right now..."

Anakin's voice is soft as he says the next words, and you feel your whole body tense up.

"Can I have one?"

Anakin's face is starting to turn a bright shade of red, and you can feel his breath in your ear.

"No. How many times have I told you. I don't care if it's over with you and Padme, I just want you to act normal. You're honestly freaking me out." You were started to get fed up.