Perfect Little Family

You were so nervous. You were more than nervous. Today was the day. Today was the you were going to tell Anakin he had gotten you pregnant.

Anakin noticed the nervous look on your face.

"Honey, are you okay? You seem so tense."

He placed a hand on your chin, turning your face towards him to look at it, with a concerned expression.

"Uh actually, I've been meaning to tell you something." You mumbled, refusing to look him in the eye.

"Oh.. What is it, honey?" Anakin said softly.

He raised an eyebrow at you, and gently held your chin, pushing it upwards to look into your eyes.

"What have you been meaning to tell me?"

"You have to promise me you won't get mad." Your eyes start to fill with tears.

"Of course, honey. Whatever it is, I promise to stay calm. Now, what did you wanna tell me?"

He spoke to you softly, trying to comfort you as your emotions started to show. Anakin took his hand off your chin and held your hands in his.

"I'm pregnant."

Anakin was taken off-guard for a moment.

"Excuse me?" He said, not sure if he heard you correctly.

His eyes went wide and he looked at you in shock.

"You're.. you're pregnant?" He asked again, the realization gradually dawning on him.

You just stand there, tears clouding your vision, wondering what your baby's father is going to say. If he'll be a part of their life, of your life.

Anakin just stared at you for a few more seconds in silence, the realization dawning on him.

Then, he pulled you into a tight hug, his eyes starting to water.

"Oh my goodness.. My god.. This is.. This is absolutely amazing! I.. I.. I'm gonna be a dad!" He said, his voice shaking with joy.

"I can't begin to express how happy I am.. How much this means to me." He added, holding you close.

You let out a chuckle of relief. You tightly hug Anakin back. It felt like a weight has been lifted off your shoulders.

Anakin squeezed you even tighter.

"I can't believe this is happening.." He said in an unsteady voice.

"I mean, I guess I'm not too surprised, considering what we've been up to lately," he added, giggling.

"I just.. I'm so happy right now I can't even think." He said, while still squeezing you and holding you tightly to his chest.

"Me too. I thought you would be upset with me. That you wouldn't be here for me and our baby." You tell him.

"I could never, ever be upset with you, honey. You're everything to me. And so is our little one. I would never, ever abandon either one of you" Anakin told you, his gaze full of love towards you and the baby.

"I love you both more than I ever thought imaginable. I can't believe that I'll soon have my own child. My own flesh and blood. I'm the luckiest man in the world, to have such a wonderful, beautiful, intelligent, kind, caring, amazing wife and child." He added.

Your eyes widened. "Did you just say wife?"

Anakin blinked, thinking about his words.

"Well, I guess I just did," he answered, his gaze warm and loving.

"I mean, you are my wife, are you not?" He said, half laughing.

He looked you up and down, admiring your beautiful figure and how you carried the baby.

"I never really looked back, I guess. But you are my one and only wife, and I love you more than I can explain" Anakin continued, his tone tender and gentle.

"Is this your way of asking me to marry you Anakin Skywalker?" You smirked.

Anakin smirked back at you, and then shook his head.

"I do not need to ask you to marry me, my love. As far as I'm concerned, we have already been married. But.. I suppose I could make it official, if that's what you want."

He shrugged, while he leaned into you and kissed you softly.

"You know that I love you. And you know you're my one true soulmate, my one and only wife. We are married in all but name. But do you want that? You want me to ask you properly?"

"I would love that." You blush.

"Then, my love, I ask you, would you marry me?" Anakin said with a smile. He took your hand in his, and kissed the ring finger.

"Will you be my loving, dedicated, amazing wife? And will you keep being my one and only? We'll be together forever, my love, and nothing will separate us. I promise you that. We are one."

Anakin's voice was full of love and he gave you a tender and loving look, as he kissed your hand.

"I will. I love you. So much. More than you will ever know." You teared up once again.

Anakin smiled at you, his eyes filling with tears of joy.

"I love you more than words can ever express. You're my one and only, my love, and I'm yours. We were destined to meet. No one else in the whole galaxy could have filled my heart the way that you do."

He kissed you tenderly, his hand on your chin, and his other hand caressing your cheek.

"You are my dream come true." He added, his voice soft and emotional.

"I'm so glad you are my child's father. And my husband." You state, loving the way the new title rolls off your tongue.

Anakin smiled softly as he looked at you, his heart swelling with pride. The way you called him your husband sounded so right.

"I'm so glad that you're my wife. And that I'll be the father of our little one. We are truly meant to be together, you and I. And with this baby, our perfect little family is complete."

He pulled you into a gentle kiss, and held you close, placing one hand on your baby bump.