xv. i heard a rumor that we're god-killers

CHAPTER FIFTEEN ───────────
✧₊˚。({  I HEARD A RUMOR THAT WE'RE GOD-KILLERS  })

CHAPTER FIFTEEN ───────────✧₊˚。({  I HEARD A RUMOR THAT WE'RE GOD-KILLERS  })

" way down we go KALEO "

{ PERCY }
JULY 16TH, 2010
────────────

THERE'S TWO THINGS PERCY IS sure of. One: pizza is literally the best food on earth. And two: Roma. Yeah, just that. Nothing else. He literally has to consciously force himself not to stare at her. Gods, this is bad. He's got it really really bad. Which obviously isn't a surprise since the Curse of Capulet exists. Although, Percy has a sneaking suspicion that Roma has deluded herself into thinking that it's not real and it's not about them. He has to hand it to her, she has some seriously impressive denial skills. He wonders how long it'll take her to realize that she's totally in love with him. Because she is. Or she will be. He doesn't really know how this works. He doesn't think the curse alters their emotions. More like speeds them up a bit. That's probably why he's thinking what he is so early on. Which is to say━he thinks he's in love with her.

          When he actually realized was probably when she'd let him cry on her shoulder. The thought of it is kind of embarrassing but she also put aside her discomforts for him. He knows she hates when that happens. But she still made him feel better. And even though she looked like a gruesome corpse, a glimpse of her face made him calm down as quickly as he'd started to freak out.

          The whole Death Mist thing is kind of scary though. What if they stay like this forever? He doesn't want to roam the mortal world looking like a real-life zombie for the rest of his life.

          "What are the odds?"

          Percy blinks, hearing Roma's voice suddenly. It does little to drown the pounding heartbeat ringing in his ears. It's not his own. It's . . . his. He can constantly feel his━beating hard and fast. As it has been since they got down here. He's always on edge, heart rate always above average. His hands tremble with constant anticipation. He couldn't sit still even if he tried. Minus his ADHD that is.

          "What do you mean?" he frowns.

          "The odds of us surviving," she elaborates carefully, watching her feet take each step closer to almost certain death. "What do you think?"

          His lips part as though expecting himself to answer so quickly. But he has to think about it. He'd really like to survive. Actually, he really godsdamned wants to. But was it all really possible? He couldn't picture himself ten minutes into the future, much less ten days.