xxi. most awkward moment of my life pt.2

CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE ───────────
✧₊˚。({ MOST AWKWARD MOMENT OF MY LIFE PT.2 })

"  somebody else     THE 1975  "

somebody else     THE 1975  "

{ ROMA }
JULY 20TH,  2010
────────────

THE SECOND ROMA FOUND OUT that her eyes had changed color, she started jumping around in excitement. Like, yeah, it's not all that cool but she'd had boring brown eyes all her life, and now that she's been gifted eyes as deep and as blue as the ocean━even if only for a moment━she's elated.

          The reflection staring back at her is different. The most obvious difference is the dark ocean blue eyes replacing brown. But her hair is also micro braided a light brown color, tied half up, half down. Her cheekbones are a little more prominent, and her eyebrows are a little thinner. She's wearing a lot more makeup than usual and the absolute best part of it all is the added four inches to her height. She's 5'7 now, how awesome is that?!

          "Woah," a voice says from behind her. Her blue eyes dart across the mirror to Leo standing in the doorway of her cabin, "you look mega different." He steps forward uninvited into her room. "And you're taller than me," he complains. "So unfair."

          Roma manages to smirk despite her heart stopping in panic at the fright he'd given her. She pats her hands nervously against her Ancient Greek-style dress, hoping they aren't glowing. "I literally love Hazel more than my family right now," she grins, turning to face him, a sense of weirdness washing over her at the new height difference.

          As though with a sixth sense, he calls out to someone suddenly without even facing them. "She's decent, Hazel," he remarks humorously. "I don't know why you told me to check. You should've told Percy, he's probably already seen her naked anyway━"

          Roma rolls her eyes as Hazel suddenly bursts into the room, looking embarrassed. "Leo, please stop talking."

          Leo only shrugs, raising an eyebrow at Roma. "It's the truth though, right?" he asks innocently, a hint of genuine curiosity unhidden in his eyes.

          Hazel covers her face with her hands as Roma tries to hide an amused smirk. "Well, he's seen me without a shirt on," she says cryptically, evasive in the context just to see Leo's reaction.

          He doesn't look surprised. In fact, he actually laughs. "Figures," he hums, glancing back at Hazel. "Told ya they were doin' it down there." Hazel groans in response, collapsing onto Roma's bed face first.