xxiii. a fancy shmancy after-party

if you read my previous comments you know exactly what's about to happen !!! PINTEREST BOARDS

{ https://pin.it/SXE3fKWS8 } 

i'll comment the link ^^^ so y'all can copy and paste it into the web search bar (not pinterest cuz it doesn't work) or literally just click it and log in to ur pinterest accounts to check it out. i love it personally

CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE ───────────
✧₊˚。({ A FANCY SHMANCY AFTER-PARTY })

CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE ───────────✧₊˚。({  A FANCY SHMANCY AFTER-PARTY  })

high school sweethearts  MELANIE MARTINEZ   "

{ ROMA }
JULY 20TH,  2010
────────────

NO ONE HAD EXPECTED TO be back in Rome so quickly, if ever at all. But their new quest had other plans and now, absurdly, they're shopping in the local mall instead of fighting monsters or looking for lost keys or searching forgotten tunnels like how she wants it to be. Usually, Roma has no qualms with shopping━especially with unlimited money at her disposal━but fuck it if she isn't in the foulest mood ever. She rolls her eyes at every word that comes out of every person's mouth. She huffs at any store they enter. She glares at anyone who dares look at her for more than a second.

In all honesty, she's really just projecting her bad mood on everyone else as if it's their fault when really it's her own. She'd said . . . some regretful things earlier that day. And she's embarrassed by it. She doesn't know why she said them. She was irritable and tired and adrenaline-pumped from her previous battle. And while those words had been bubbling in the back of her mind ever since they'd escaped Tartarus, she's still embarrassed she said them out loud. Especially in front of everyone.

Even the thought of the brief flash of hurt in his eyes makes her heart clench and her index finger start to hurt from its uncontrollable trembling. She hates herself for it. For causing him so much pain. But at least he knows now━how much of a fucking bitch she can be. She'll never change. It's in her blood. And now he knows . . . Now he knows. What he'll do with that, she has no idea. She has her suspicions though.

I don't give a shit about you.

Her own words ring false in her head. Bullshit. It was clearly bullshit and she hopes to the gods above that he knows her better than that. But anxiety eats away at her and sours her already shitty mood. Admittedly, she's become more than attached to Percy. He's like a fifth limb at this point. A vital organ. She can hardly breathe without him. Hardly even think properly without him invading her thoughts at every spare moment.

"Roma?" a timid voice says cautiously from behind her. She's wrenched from her tormenting thoughts as she swivels around ready with a tantalizing glare at whoever had been unlucky enough to need her at this moment in time. It falters when she comes face to face with the only other person she knows that's actually eye level with her━Hazel.