Chapter 16

Becky hung out in Freen's room all day, engrossed in her books. Freen had hidden her collection of steamy romance novels to keep Becky from getting any ideas. She was tired of having to explain the nuances.

"Can I crash on your bed for a bit?" Becky asked, as Freen was busy on her laptop.

Freen wanted to finish a chapter, but what happened earlier made it impossible. Becky didn't seem to understand that kisses were meant for people in love. How could Freen explain that in one sitting? Maybe she should steer clear of those romantic novels from now on.

Freen glanced at Becky but noticed she had already dozed off. It must have been all that reading. Becky also forgot to take Bonbon for a walk, but it was getting late, so Freen just left some food in his bowl.

"It looks like your mom is exhausted and forgot about you," Freen whispered while petting Bonbon.

Bonbon wagged his tail and nuzzled her. Freen laughed and scooped him up, cradling him in her arms.

"Do you like me?" Freen asked, giggling as she played with Bonbon. "Do you like your Auntie Freen?"

Bonbon paused for a moment and then barked. She hushed him and held him close so he wouldn't wake Becky up.

"Do you hate Auntie Freen?" Freen pouted. Bonbon barked again.

Freen got up and left Bonbon to get back to what she was doing. At that moment, she felt a bit bored. She wondered how she ever managed to be alone before. She looked at Becky sleeping peacefully on her bed. Freen wanted to remember every detail of her face, just in case she ever disappeared one day.

Freen couldn't bear the thought of Becky leaving one day. She wasn't ready for that. Maybe she'd learn to move on with time, but for now, she just wanted Becky to stay a bit longer.

Freen settled back into her chair and returned to typing on her laptop. She couldn't help but smile when she remembered the events of the day. Those thoughts flowed into her story, and she ended up finishing another chapter.

When Freen got sleepy, she began to change out of her clothes but realized Becky was in her bed. How could she sleep beside her? She wasn't comfortable in Becky's room, and she couldn't sleep in her clothes. However, she couldn't wake Becky up; she seemed too exhausted.

"Ugh," Freen whispered in frustration, unsure of what to do.

Should she just cover herself with a blanket, so if Becky woke up, she wouldn't notice she was naked? Or should she try to sleep with her clothes on? But that was uncomfortable!

"Ugh, seriously," Freen muttered and decided to go with the first option. She undressed and covered herself with a blanket.

The bed was quite large, so there was enough space for both of them without bumping into each other. Becky didn't move a muscle in her sleep.

Freen closed her eyes and drifted off. It brought her a sense of peace, but when morning came, she felt an arm around her bare body. She froze, realizing she had slept with Becky, and they were both under the same blanket.

Dazed, Freen peeked under the blanket and was even more shocked to find out that Becky was naked too.

What had happened last night?