Chapter 14

Ember threw Blade onto the couch. "I cant believe you. Why would you try that? You could've been killed!" She shouted. Blade kept her head down, not daring to speak back to her. Ember sighed. "Satan! I knew you were powerless but I didnt know you were brainless!" She said. Blades eyes met hers and she groaned. "What! What is it?" Ember snapped. Blade shook her head. "Nothing" she whispered. Ember grabbed her neck and brought Blades face to hers. Blade scratched at her hand, fighting for breath. "Talk" Ember said letting her go. Blade fell back onto the couch and rubbed her neck. "I just... I didnt wanna bother you with my friends questions so I thought that maybe it'd be better to try and get it myself" Blade said. Ember only grew more angry. "Friends? You mean to tell me that you actually care for those lesser beings?" Ember asked. "I thought it was stupid too at first but... I like them. And one of them is a goddess so shes not lesser" Blade said. Ember shook her head. "You're just like those damn mortals. You're weak" she snapped. "But we are mortal. We can die too" Blade said. "You're right" Ember said. She grabbed Blade and threw her across the room, smashing her into a glass table. "So then you should be more careful who you talk back too" Ember said. Blade tried to get up but fell back into the pile of glass. Now she was bleeding, and her entire body was aching. "And you should be more careful with who you mess with!" Someone yelled. Ember turned around and Blades eyes widened. Leah stood there, hands glowing white, wings spread out, glaring. "Leah... dont" Blade said. She tried to get up but fell again. Leah ignored her. "Look at that. And angel coming to the defense of a demon. Something I never thought Id see" Ember said. "Why would you be engaged to someone who you clearly hate?" Leah asked. "Ha! You think I had a choice? Blades mommy set her up with a wife because even she knew Blade would never find anyone." Ember said. "Dont you talk about my mother!" Blade yelled. Ember rolled her eyes and kicked her in the stomach. Blade groaned. "Blade" Leah said concerned. "What are you gonna do angel? You gonna attack me? Thats not very holy of you" Ember said. Leah slowly turned her head to her. "Oh... I stopped being holy a long time ago" she said. She pounced at Ember and flew her through the wall to the outside.

The others heard the crash and ran in. "Blade! Are you ok?" They ran to her. "Help Leah" Blade breathed out. Silver looked confused and peeked through the hole in the wall. "Oh shit. Dakota, Randy, Nova. Seperate them!" Silver said. The three ran outside. "Hold on Blade. You'll be ok" Silver said. "How did this happen?" Crystal asked. Blade groaned as Silver removed the glass from her legs. "Why didnt you just fight her off?" CJ asked. Blade furrowed her brows. "Cause Im powerless ok?!" She yelled. They were stunned. "What?" CJ said. "I dont have any magic. I can barely make a portal most of the time" Blade said. Silver gently touched Blades shoulder and she started glowing. "I dont like talking about it" Blade said. A loud crash came from outside. Blade looked over in fear. She got up and ran outside. "Blade! You're still hurt!" Silver yelled.

Meanwhile
Leah crashed Ember into the ground and a long path of dirt was skidded into the ground. "You dont deserve to marry Blade!" Leah yelled. She threw Ember into the sky and the demon caught herself. She flew at her and blasted at her but Leah dodged it and punched her when she got close. They both flew up into the air. "Oh I see. You've fallen in love with my play thing havent you?" Ember said. "She is not a play thing" Leah growled. "Well she certainly isnt a demon" Ember said. "Shes more a demon than youll ever be" Leah growled. Leah flew at her and punched her again. "Demons are supposed to loyal!" She yelled. She kicked her down. "They're supposed to respect each other!" She yelled. Ember flew at her and she grabbed her, and spun her around. She let go and Ember was sent flying backwards. "Yeah well thats not true anymore!" Ember said. She tried to fly back to Randy but Dakota appeared out of no where and tackled her down. Leah dove down to them. Ember threw Dakota off her and Nova threw Randy, whos in her wolf form, onto Embers back. Randy bit her wing, restricting her ability to fly, and they crashed into the ground. Ember smacked Randy with her wing and the wolf was batted off of her back. Leah kept gaining speed as she dove down. A glowing white funnel appeared around Leah and when she hit Ember a big, loud, wave of a blast was sent out, sending her friends flying backwards into the wall of the house.

Blade ran out and saw Nova, Dakota, and Randy gathering themselves after that blast. She then looked over and saw Leah beating the shit out of Ember. She ran over to her and pulled Leah off of her. "Stop! Please!" Blade yelled. Leah snapped her head to look at Blade. Her eyes were filled with anger and her hands were still glowing with power. Ember slowly sat up. "Why are you staying with her?" Leah asked. "My mother wanted me to be happy and I was friends with Ember when we were children. I hadnt talked to her in years, but my mom insisted, and she offered Ember an ass load of money to go through with it. So Ember, despite having grown a hatred towards me after learning I was powerless, went through with it. My mother died months ago but the deal still stands. Ember only wants my fortune, and I didnt have the heart to disobey my moms wishes" Blade said. "You're powerless?" Leah said in shock. "Powerless, but not stupid. Ember hurt my friends. The deal is off. The only piece of my fortune she can have now, is that stupid ring my mom made me put on her finger" Blade said. She walked up and stood over Ember. "Doesnt feel good to be the 'lesser being' does it?" She asked. Ember growled. "If you ever come near my friends again, I swear to Satan, I will kill you" Blade said. Ember stumbled to her feet. "And how will you do that?" She spat. Blade blinked a few times. "Do I really have to show you?" She asked. Ember raised an eyebrow. Blade sighed. "Fine" she said. Her eyes turned completely red, her claws shot out of her fingers, and her horns and tail started glowing. She jumped on Ember, pushing her to the ground. Her strength had seemingly increased. Small spikes shot out of her back leading down her spine and her tail started to extend. Her teeth became sharp and and rattled her tail above her head, teasing Ember with it. "You wanted to see a real demon?" Blade said, her voice now raspy and deep. Ember actually looked scared. Leah was in awe. Blade shoved Ember away and got up. Everything on her body went back to normal in less than an instant and she leaned on Leah for balance. "I havent done that in a while" she panted. Leah smiled. "You really are a classic demon. No magic, no wings, but the ability to be wild when you have too" Leah said in awe. Blade smiled at her. "Get me to Silver. I need help" she whined. Leah picked her up and flew her to the group.