CHAPTER 1

What a night. I thought to myself as I started to wake from what felt like the worst nights sleep I'd ever had. As I opened my eyes, squinting to see the sun beaming in through the crack of the curtains that we clearly didn't close properly last night. The headache was already pumping in my head as I felt the hangover seeping in. Dragging my arm over my body to reach for my phone, 8.43am. That would be why it feels like I haven't slept because I think 3 hours counts more as a nap than anything. I lift my hand to my eyes to cover them, thinking I might be able to get back to sleep and try and sleep off some more of the tequila that's running through every bit of my body. And that's when I finally tune into the breathing coming from beside me. Oh fuck!

I was the only one with a room to myself, the girls insisted, "just incase" was their argument. The girls, Elle, Ruby, Grace and Aspen, had booked this week away without even telling me, they called and got me out of work behind my back, somehow managed to sneak into my flat and take my passport, pack me a case of clothes and sold me the story that a girls day out would do me good, 2 days later here I am in Monaco.

A whole lot of good this is doing me I thought. This was to help me relax after my break-up, 4 years down the drain. It had been 6 months and my friends could see the change in me. I focused on my work as I could distract myself completely and stop feeling everything I wanted to forget. When I wasn't working I was working out, running with my dog, Navi. She forced me to be out of the house, I couldn't mope in bed all day with her by my side, she needed exercise and so did I. Between work, running, eating and sleeping there was no time to feel anything and that's how I liked it.

My work is slowly starting to lift off. I've been in and out of small acting jobs for the last couple of years, the small roles with a couple lines has been all I'd managed to get but I recently finished a project which I'm hoping will give me the big break into the industry I've been working so hard for. I made friends with one of the producers on a tv show I had a small part in and we just clicked as friends, he let me know about this opportunity and told me I'd be perfect for the lead role in a new show he was about to start working on and sweet talked the team into letting me audition. I never thought I'd get it as a lot of the others auditioning had way more experience than I did but I guess the false confidence I went in with worked, fake it till you make it right?

I didn't dare roll over to see who on earth is breathing next to me. I scrunch my eyes so tight I thought my head may just explode on the pillow, which in this moment would make everything so much easier. I unlock my phone and straight away open the group chat.

✨️ Monahoesss ✨️

Nova

-GUYS

-HELLO???

-ffs

Aspen

-Can you stop messaging so loudly

Nova

-I WILL WHEN SOMEONE EXPLAINS WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON

Elle

-Huh?

Aspen

-Give us a clue?

Nova

-SOMEONE IS IN MY BED

Elle

-What do you mean?

Nova

-THERE IS A PERSON IN MY BED

-NEXT TO ME

Aspen

-WHO?!?!

Nova

-IF I KNEW WHO I WOULDN'T BE ASKING

-I DON'T WANT TO LOOK

Elle

-You mean you haven't looked?

Nova

-No

-Should I?

Elle

-YESSSSS

Aspen

-Obviously...

I'm not doing this alone, I hit the video call button and knock my volume as low as possible. I raise my finger to my lips so it's the first thing the girls see when the video finally connects.

***********

Sorry for such a short start, this is my first time writing something like this so I'm still gauging how long parts should be. But I will drop another part super soon if you want me to? Please let me know if any of the format seems odd so I can adjust it to read better in the following parts but I've got a decent length plan for this story so hopefully you'll enjoy it!