Chapter 10

Draco was in the Owlery and he was expecting a letter from his father. Nerves bubbled up in his stomach as the huge Eagle owl soared through the window, There were so many secrets his father could find out about at any moment. The owl lands on Draco's arm and allows him to untie a black envelope on its leg. Draco set the owl on a perch and opened the letter.
Draco, your relatives need your help. We need you to find out where Potter is staying over the summer. You will be rewarded greatly if you find out, Talk to Potter as much as you can without him getting suspicious.
-Do not fail, Lucius.
Lucius's letters were usually school-related so Draco was surprised that his father trusted him with helping the Dark Lord. Lucius mostly wrote in half-code when talking about death eaters and You-Know-Who. Draco was very happy that he had an excuse to talk to Harry more but he didn't want to help anyone hurt him. He would have to talk to Harry and explain the situation.
Draco quickly exits the Owlery and turns into his cat form, he runs off to the Gryffindor common room.
When Draco enters it is almost empty, but Hermione, Ron, and Harry sit in front of the common room.
"Dray!" Harry yells excitedly and walks over to Draco.
"I am so glad you're here!" Harry whispers to Draco's ear as he scoops him up.
"Hi, Dray!" Hermione says winking at Harry.
Draco and Harry had told Hermione about Draco being an animagus shortly after she had found out about them.
"I am going to feed him, Be back soon," Harry says.
Ron nods and Harry carries Draco up to his dorm.
"I need to tell you something!" Draco turns into a human and yells as the door snicks shut.
"Oh, So no hello?" Harry laughs, pulling Draco in for a kiss. Their lips meet and Draco once again thinks about how he could never hurt Harry.
"But really!" Draco Continues as they pull apart.
"Yes, yes what is it?" Harry laughs sitting on his bed.
"My father!" Draco whispers.
"What! Did he find out? I am so sorry Draco!" Harry quickly yells.
"No, no he just sent me a letter. It said that he needed help finding out where you were staying over the summer. He gave me permission to talk to you as much as I want to find out, I guess that's a good thing. But I don't want to tell him! What do we do?" Draco explains.
"Oh, well we could just lie," Harry says.
"Lie? How?" Draco asks.
"Tell him that I am staying at my aunt's and uncle and that's all you could find out. But really I'll stay at the Weasleys." Harry suggests.
"I guess that could work. So problem solved?" Draco asks.
"Yes! Now I think we should tell Ron!" Harry says.
"What! No, absolutely not. Goodbye!" Draco shouts standing up from the bed.
"Wait!" Harry yells after Draco as he exits the dorm.
The minute Draco leaves the room he realizes he hadn't turned into a cat yet. The stairs were visible from the common room. Hermione looks up and meets Draco's eyes, Draco quickly turns into a cat before Ron can see.
"Who was that?" Ron asks turning around just as Draco turns into a cat.
"Oh nothing, I think it was Harry." Hermione laughs.
"Dray wait!" Harry yells suddenly bursting out of the dorm.
"What's wrong?" Hermione asks with a skeptical look on her face.
"Oh, he just wasn't eating his food..." Harry lies.
Draco turns around and allows Harry to pick him up.
"Please can we just talk, I haven't been with you for over 5 minutes in ages," Harry whispers into Draco's ear.
"I won't tell Ron!" Harry says.
Draco nods his head and Harry retreats back into the dorm.
"I am just not ready to tell anyone right now," Draco says, turning into a human.
"Yeah, I get it." Harry laughs, dropping onto the bed.
"It's just I want to have a normal week with you, without anyone new knowing. It already feels like so many people know and I am worried the more people know the more people find out." Draco explains, sitting next to Harry.
"Yes, that makes sense. I do really like you Draco." Harry says.
"I like you too, Scarhead." Draco laughs.
"Wow, you're really great at affection," Harry says, sarcastically.
"I know! It's my talent!" Draco laughs, as his cheeks turn red. He always blushes around Harry and he just can't stop.
"You know what I am good at?" Harry asks.
"Oh, what?" Draco asks, intrigued.
"Making you smile," Harry answers with a laugh.
"Oh, that's not true!" Draco protests, wiping the grin off his face.
"Oh yes, it is! Watch!" Harry laughs, Pulling Draco in for a passionate kiss. Draco returns the kiss and feels like he could stay there forever, in the Gryffindor dorm with his favorite person.
When they pull away Draco can't help but smile.
"I told you so!" Harry laughs.
"Guys, is it that you always kiss, or is it that I have bad timing?" A voice asks from the door.
"Geez Hermione! You scared me!" Harry yelps.
"Bad timing of course!" Draco laughs at the same time.
"Why are you here and not Ron?" Harry asks.
"Well, he said he wanted to get his homework so I could help him and that he wanted to see what you were doing. So I said I come up here for him because I didn't want him finding out like I did." Hermione explains well walking over to Ron's bed and grabbing a stack of paper from his bedside table.
"Oh, well thank you!" Harry Laughs.
"I should be going anyway," Draco says.
"Aw Really! Why?" Harry asks sadly.
"I have to do homework and Pansy will be wondering where I am," Draco explains.
"Ugh, Pansy." Harry spits.
"You're so jealous!" Draco laughs, waving to Hermione as she exits.
"I am not!" Harry protests.
"I just don't get her, always obsessed with you! I am the only one allowed to be obsessed with you!"
"That sounds like jealousy to me!" Draco laughs.
"You think that but it's not true!" Harry huffs.
"Goodbye Scarhead," Draco says, kissing Harry on the forehead.
"Goodbye." Harry mumbles.
"Oh come on! You can't be mad!" Draco laughs.
"I am not mad or jealous!" Harry says.
"Okay well, I love you." Draco sighs.
"I love you too," Harry mumbles as Draco turns into a cat and exits the room.