Chapter 22

"I love you, Draco Malfoy," A voice whispers.
Then Draco feels their lips on his, and the familiar smell of Harry fills his nose.
"Harry?" Draco croaks, blinking his eyes open.
"Draco! Merlins beard, you're alive!" Harry shouts, leaning forward once more and pressing their lips together. Harry's face is streaked with tears, and his eyes are red.
"What do you mean?" Draco asks, trying to push himself up. His hands slip on the table under him, and he falls back with a crash. His whole body aches and his head throbs.
"Stay down! You just- You just died!" Harry says, running his fingers through his hair.
"Died? I guess I do feel pretty shitty," Draco laughs.
He seems to be in a house, but not the Malfoy Manor.
"Shut up," Harry says with an affectionate smile.
"Oh come on, you love me!" Draco chuckles.
"Someone is healing quickly," Ron says, entering the room.
Draco tenses and slowly sits up, starting to button his shirt.
"Be careful," Harry whispers, supporting Draco's back.
"Who else is here?" Draco asks, swatting Harry away.
"Just me, my family, and Hermione," Ron says, flopping onto a black couch across from the table.
"What happened?" Draco asks, attempting to slide off the table. He trips over his feet, stumbling into Harry.
"Well, obviously you're hurt." Harry laughs, catching Draco and steering him to one of the armchairs.
"We saved your life," Ron says, flatly.
"Thank you?" Draco says, rubbing his temples and leaning into the soft chair beneath him.
"Sure," Ron sighs, looking down at his fingers, boredly.
"I am gonna kill Lucius, for doing this to you," Harry says, kneeling to examine the snake bite on Draco's leg.
"I don't care what you do, except if you die. Then I might be a little annoyed," Draco chuckles, subconsciously running his fingers through Harry's hair.
"Annoyed! Wow, that's nice," Harry laughs, taking his glasses from his nose and rubbing them clean on his shirt.
"Are you going to go back to Hogwarts?" Ron asks, looking up from his hands.
"Holiday is almost over," Harry says.
"I think I want to go back, but I can't run from my father forever," Draco sighs.
"I think your father won't be bothering you anymore, the ministry caught most of the death eaters," Harry says with a grin.
Draco loved his father even when Lucius would hurt him. Because in Draco's mind, he was still his father.
But now that feeling was gone and bitter hatred was filling the hole.
"That's great!" Draco says, allowing a smile to spread across his face.
"We could go back to the Malfoy Manor to get your stuff. I think it's empty, your Mother is being interrogated," Harry explains, standing up and sitting next to Ron on the couch.
"Okay, I guess we could do that," Draco says.
He didn't ever want to go back into the Malfoy Manor, there were too many memories.
"I know it will be hard," Harry whispers, studying Draco's face.
"It's okay, I can do it. It's not like anything there could hurt me now," Draco says, attempting a laugh.
"We can go now," Harry says.
"Yeah, okay" Draco sighs, standing up and walking unsteadily toward the fireplace.
"We're using floo, right? I think I'd barf if we apparated," Draco asks.
"Yes, we have some floo power, I'll go grab it," Harry says, walking out of the room and leaving Ron and Draco.
"Malfoy?" Ron whispers.
"You can call me Draco," Draco says quietly as he glances over to where the redhead is sitting.
"Draco, I need you to apologize. I know you might think I am homophobic or maybe even jealous, but really I am mad. I am really mad." Ron says with his voice coated with steel.
"Being with Harry, doesn't make things okay. You hurt me and Hermione. You made me feel like I didn't matter and you almost broke me a few times. Draco. You need to be sorry. I can't forgive you if you're not sorry." Ron snarls, as tears well up in his eyes.
"I-" Draco stutters, as he stares at Ron.
"I am sorry. I never should have treated you that way. I am sorry, Ron. Harry is an amazing person and I am lucky to have him. The truth is I did want to hurt you. I saw you with hand-me-down robes and a small house and I saw how you were the opposite of me, and how you were happy. You were laughing even though you didn't have money and I thought Money made people happy. But then I realized that it doesn't and I was so damn jealous, Ron. So jealous and I am sorry! Really truly sorry. But you don't have to forgive me. You don't. You can hate me or even wish I was dead. I think I deserve it." Draco says, letting the words spill out of him and letting the tears he had been holding back fall too.
"Thank you, thank you," Ron whispers, and then he stands up and exits the room.

"You don't deserve it. Draco, you don't deserve it, the hatred and the loathing. But thank you for saying those things. Especially to Ron, he needed to hear them." Harry says, walking over to Draco and brushing a tear off Draco's cheek.
"How- How long were you listening?" Draco chokes.
"Long enough," Harry whispers.
"Let's go now. Let's get your stuff and then we can be done with the Malfoy Manor,"
"Okay, Thank you" Draco mumbles.
"I love you Draco," Harry says, cupping Draco's face.
"I love you too, Harry," Draco whispers.
Harry leans in and softly presses his lips to Draco's.
As they break away, Harry twines his fingers through Draco's and they step into the fire.