Chapter 12

Quidditch tryouts were today and Draco was hoping to get Seeker. Draco loved the feeling of flying, it made him feel free. Harry was also trying out for Seeker and Draco had lots of feeling about that. Playing against Harry would make Draco either more determined or more likely to let him win.
Draco was sitting in the Great Hall and Blaise was chatting with Pansy next to him. Quidditch tryouts were after Breakfast. Last week he had flown with Harry and it had been lots of fun.
Gryffindors are first for tryouts and then Slytherins, Draco would get there early to watch the Gryffindor's tryout and then he would go.
Breakfast ended and Draco went up to his dorm to change into Quidditch clothes, the green robes lapped his feet as he walked down to the Quidditch field and sat in the stands.
A few Gryffindors started to spill into the field including Harry.
Draco was sitting alone in the stands until Hermione showed up. She sat a few rows up and gave him a smile. Draco had come to like Hermione and desperately wanted to sit next to her and cheer on Harry together but he knew that could never happen.
"I'll cheer for Harry for you, Draco, I know you can't," Hermione says to Draco, reading his mind.
"Thank you! I really do want to cheer for him!" Draco grins.
"I know and good luck with your tryouts too, Me and Harry will stay to watch," Hermione says.
Draco nods gratefully and watches as the tryouts commence.
"We have 5 people trying out for beater, 4 people trying out for keeper, 6 people trying out for chaser and 2 people trying out for Seeker. That means 9 people will join our team, two extras." Oliver Wood explains.
Harry's competition was Dean Thomas and Draco was positive Harry would win. Seekers were last and Draco and Hermione waited patiently. Hermione would sometimes talk to him because no one was really looking. They talked about books they had both read and books they recommended. Draco loved how much Draco and Hermione had in common, Draco had never had real friends except Blasie so talking to Hermione felt great.
"Harry and Dean are next!" Hermione yelped excitedly as a Keeper exited the field.
Harry and Dean walked onto the field and Draco's breath caught in his throat. Harry looked gorgeous, his hair blowing in the wind and his green eyes shining in the sun.
"Your face when you see Harry is so funny!" Hermione glances at him and laughs.
"Shut up!" Draco snaps as his face flushes.
"Harry and Dean! Your task is simple! I am going to throw a snitch in the air, catch it and you will make the spot. If you don't catch it you will be the backup Seeker." Wood explains.
Harry and Dean nod and jump onto their brooms.
Harry gives a wave to Hermione and Draco as he stops in the air.
Draco watches as the gold snitch is released into the air, Harry shoots toward it and so does Dean.
"Go, Harry, go," Draco whispers.
Draco hears similar words coming from where Hermione is sitting.
Harry is close to the Snitch and reaches out to grab it when suddenly it drops down into the stands.
Harry follows the snitch and soars over the seats, Dean is following close behind. Harry shoots Draco a grin as he passes in front of him and Draco grins back. Suddenly Harry circles around the snitch and grasps it in his hands. Draco bites his lip to stop himself from cheering.
"Yes! Go, Harry!" Hermione screams.
Harry slows to a stop and flies to the ground smiling.
"Harry makes the team!" Wood yells.

Before Draco knew it Gryffindor tryouts were over and Draco made his way down to the field. His stomach churned and he suddenly felt unprepared.
"You'll do great! I'll cheer you on in my head!" Harry says, passing Draco in the hall.
"Thank you," Draco says grinning.
When Draco enters the field some of his housemates are out there as well.
Marcus Flinch, the Slythrin coach gives a quick run-through of what they will be doing and the beaters zip up into the air.
Finally, it is Draco's turn and he is up against Terrance Higgs. Draco is a little shaky as he slides onto his broom but once he's in the air all his worries disappear.
Marcus tosses the Snitch into the air and Draco races after it, He knows that Terrance is behind him but he doesn't slow. The snitch dips and curves all over the field and Draco follows it's every move.
Suddenly the snitch drops towards the ground and Draco quickly follows, the wind whipping his face painfully. The snitch hurdles to the grass and Draco starts to close the distance, but then Terrance slams into Draco's side and sends him careening to the left.
Draco catches his breath and shoots after Terrance.
The snitch is a few feet from the ground and Terrance is close on it's tail. Suddenly the snitch pulls away from the ground, but Terrance can't stop in time and slams into the ground.
Draco zips forward grabs the snitch and then drops to the ground. A group of people crowd around Terrance and Draco sets the snitch into the box before joining them.
Terrance lies unconscious on the ground with his arm twisted in a painful position, Two Slytherins pick him up and rush him to the infirmary.
"Well even though he's hurt you did win, Welcome to the team," Marcus says walking up behind him.
Draco thanks Marcus and goes to shower and change out of his gear.

A few days after tryouts the Slythrins and Gryffindors have their first game.
Draco stepped onto the field with his hands shaking, Games had always stressed him out. Going head-to-head with Harry would be interesting, but Draco's competitive side was coming out.
The sun was bright and it took Draco a minute before he could see clearly. The Gryffindors huddled with their brooms on the right side of the field. Draco joined the Slytherins on the Left and they began to strategize.
Lee Jordan, the announcer told everyone to get on their brooms so Draco jumped on his and shot up into the sky. Everyone was in position and the crowd was silent, Then Lee shouted "go" and they were off.
Draco spotted the snitch at the end of the field and he shot toward it. Harry was right behind him and the wind slicked Draco's hair back until it looked like he had used hair gel. The snitch flittered in front of him and then fell to the ground. Draco dipped the tip of his broom and followed the snitch.
Suddenly Harry shot past him and reached to grab the snitch, Draco sped up as much as he could and soon was right behind Harry. Harry's fingers closed on thin air and the snitch shot away. Draco started to follow when suddenly a blugger slammed into the side of his stomach. The force of it sent Draco off the side of the broom, and he gripped the wood his feet dangling dangerously.
Harry was right behind the snitch and hadn't noticed him. Draco pushed himself onto his broom again, his ribs aching, and forced himself to shoot after Harry.
Draco spotted the snitch turning so he flew into the middle of the field and closed in on it.
Harry was behind the snitch and Draco was ahead of it if someone didn't catch it they could ram into each other. Draco and Harry reached out for the snitch, and their hands both closed on it.
The crowd went silent and Draco met Harry's Emerald eyes, They were so close and Draco desperately wanted to close the gap. Draco started to lean forward...
"Tie!" a voice suddenly yelled from the crowd.
Draco pulled away from Harry as much as he could without letting go of the snitch and looked into the crowd.
"It's a tie!" the voice shouted again.
Draco spotted Hermione frantically waving her hands.
"Tie!" Lee shouted and the crowd erupted in cheers and boos.