12: ɢᴀᴍᴇꜱ

GIYUU POV:

Tanjiro stood there at my door smiling, waiting for my response. I couldn't just let him down.

"Do you want to come in..?"

"Thank you!"

Unlike Kocho, Tanjiro actually respected my boundaries and didn't just barge in. My house was messy and chaotic not just because of Kocho but because I couldn't find the motivation to clean it. My bedroom is the most uncared room in the estate but it's not like I'd ever let anyone into it so it didn't really matter if I cleaned it or not.

"So, what were you planning that we do?"

Tanjiro turned his head to face me with that cheery smile of his, I don't understand. I'm confused even, how could anybody be happy when their family was slaughtered and their sister was a man-eating demon. Oh that's right. Nezuko. I don't see Tanjiro with his box and it seems like he didn't want to bring Nezuko with him. Yeah, he didn't want to. Probably because I'm a horrible person.

"We can do anything you want! This day is about you Mr Tomioka!"

"How's your sister, Nezuko?"

"She's doing great! Sometimes she helps me in battles but right now she's sleeping and I didn't know if you would mind me bringing her or not so she's at the butterfly mansion."

"That's good. We could play..-"

What would Tanjiro like? I had no board games because nobody ever wanted to play with me but I did have video games that I don't really play.

"Video games?"

"Sure! If that's what you want to do."

I gesture him to follow me and I bring him to the living room before setting up the device and handing him a controller.

"You can choose the game."

"Alright, let's play fall guys!"

I nod my head casually as we both join fall guys.

I feel guilty about wasting his time, he could be having fun with his friends but no, he's stuck here. With me.

Useless me.

A waste of space.

TIMESKIP:

It's been about 2 hours since we started playing, I wonder if he's bored but not saying anything to hurt my feelings. Not that he thinks I even have any.

Then I hear a knock at the door.
Kocho was hear.

"I'm going to go answer the door."

Tanjiro nods at me contentedly before I stand up and reach the doorknob and move myself out of the way as she shoves herself in.

"Tomioka-san! You really need to clean your home, I would be worried about rats but you're standing infront of me so I shouldn't really pray about it!" Now, Tanjiro said he was hanging out with you today. Where is he."

Typical Kocho. Just bursting in whenever she feels like it. Does she even have limits.

"He's in the living room."

"Oh dear, I hope you didn't bore him to death!"

And with that she brushes past me making her way towards my living room.

"Tanjiro! I just came here to tell you that your sister is awake now!"

"Thank you Miss Shinobu! Mr Tomioka is it alright if I go see my sister?"

"Alright."

"Thank you for having me around! I hope you feel better soon!"

Shinobu smiles at me before insulting me one last time.

"Yes Tomioka-san you should really take better care of yourself because you aren't doing an admirable job at the moment! We'll be on our way now! Goodbye!"

"Bye."

Throwing another insult at me? Classic.

TIMESKIP:

I hear my phone ringing as I'm brushing my teeth so I spit out my toothpaste and walk over to my phone before answering it, not even bothering to check the number.

"Hello?"

"I heard that the Kamado kid was at your estate today."

"Sanemi? Uh yes he was, who told you?"

I hear a snicker from the other end of the line

"Kocho did. She told me when she gave me my keys. She's spouting about your business all the time. You should just tell her to fuck off."

"Oh alright.."

"So why were you hanging out with that Kamado kid. I honestly can't stand him and you should know that. I know why you're doing it, you want to rub it in my face."

"He just came to check how I was feeling. I'm not trying to rub anything in.."

"Sure. I'm not just some little game you can play. You hear me? So don't go around trying to act all snobby because you got checked up on."

"Sanemi I-"

Then the line was cut off. He sounded aggravated but I can't understand why. Maybe Kocho told him a lie or a rumour that she made up.

WORD COUNT: 785

Changed the title of this chapter about 6 times. 😭