14: ꜰɪɢʜᴛ

GIYUU POV:

I sat there next to Sanemi nervously waiting, I hadn't expected Shinobu to be here, or anyone else for that matter. I'm just waiting until she leaves.

I can tell Sanemi is getting pissed off and not just because of Shinobu but Tanjiro and his friends were here too. He's obviously held a grudge ever since Nezuko was accepted by the master and how he was proved wrong infront of every hashira.

Most of the time he looked angry anyway but right now he looks infuriated, I want to ask him if he's alright but I'm not sure if it's worth the headache of him shouting and insulting me. He told me to keep our...'relationship' secret, and I have, it's not like I have any reason to tell anyone. He could be paranoid but I'm probably taking this the wrong way.

As I look at him I can see some cogs turning in his head, I don't think I could even have a guess, he could be mad at anything, but something is definitely going to go wrong if those cogs carrying on with their relentless turning.

SHINOBU POV:

I'm chatting along with Tanjiro about random subjects, Shinazugawa doesn't seem too happy that we're here but it doesn't really matter because he has no choice. Blackmailing him was a bit ruthless of me I'll admit but there's no way I was risking myself and the others getting sick, I had no time to take care of that mess, I needed to focus on making new poisons.

I turn to study Tomioka, it's strange that he's here, why would he be here with Shinazugawa? He hates Tomioka. Something isn't right..especially with the way Tomioka is staring at him as if trying to read his mind. What an airhead, he probably doesn't even realise that he's staring.

"Tomioka-San! Weren't you ever taught that staring is rude? Especially when you're a guest in somebodies home!"

He looked surprised as he was pulled out of his weird trance, Shinazugawa began to look at me too, obviously dislike in his eyes.

"Kocho I wasn't staring at anyone, mind your own business. If anyone was staring it's you."

That monotone voice..doesn't he ever change? And who does he think he is twisting my words?!

"Youre clearly mistaken I wasn't staring at-"

"Oh my lord, shut up Kocho! You're annoying as fuck and you're a pathetic weakling!"

I feel an irk mark itch itself onto my forehead. Shinazugawa had the nerve to scream at me when I help people every day! He does nothing but admire his scars! I quickly stand up and point a finger at him.

"Shinazugawa-San I think you ought to close your mouth! I may not be able to decapitate a demon like you but you can't create a poison that kills them like me! So I wouldn't shout if I were you! Because if you use your own logic I'd say that you're the weakling!"

GIYUU POV:

Sanemi and Kocho begin having an argument, Kocho keeps her responses logical and consistent whilst Sanemi shouts at the top of his lungs and makes threatening gestures all while insulting her, he's slowly getting closer to her which each time he opens his mouth.

Tanjiro tries to plead with both of them to calm down. But I don't think it's going to end in a calm way, even if Kocho just walks out with Tanjiro and his friends I'd be sure that Sanemi would start throwing stuff around and punching walls.

Once two people are riled up, there's no way to stop them.

Sanemi then lunges at Kocho and begins to drag her by her ear, he slams her against the wall and begins punching her.

Tanjiro tries to grab onto Sanemi's arm and stop him but it has no effect, I'm going to have to jump in soon otherwise Kocho is going to be a bloody pulp with her insides matching her outsides.

I grab Sanemi's arm and tug him away from Kocho whilst Tanjiro helps her up. She holds onto her abdomen in pain as she wipes blood away from her nose. Sanemi is fighting to get out of my grip grab onto her again but I'm just about strong enough to hold him back as Tanjiro and his friends leave with Kocho, the boar headed one was shouting about how he wants to join and the yellow haired one is pissing Sanemi off even more by demanding that he apologise for hitting a beautiful girl.

TIMESKIP:

"Are you alright Shinazugawa?"

I dont dare call him Sanemi like he asked a couple days ago just incase his temper rises up again. He's sat on his couch with a scowl on his face.

"I'm fine! And don't call me by my last name! I've already told you that. Jesus Christ you really are thick in the head or you atleast have short term memory loss!"

I stay silent for a few seconds before I speak up again

"I think it's better if I go now, thank you for letting me stay"

I walk towards his front door and as soon as it opens his scarred hand slams it shut.

"No."

"What?"

"I said no Giyuu, you're not leaving yet."

He then pushes me against the wall and holds me there, his face resting in the crook of my neck as he breathes heavily.

"Youre not leaving yet, not until I say you can."

WORD COUNT: 916

I'm going to try and publish some more chapters atleast every other day! I'll try to make them long enough without going off the chapter's name! I have a really good idea but it's going to take a couple chapters until I can finally write it.