15: ᴄᴏᴏᴋɪɴɢ

SANEMI POV:

I held Giyuu against the wall, I didn't want him to leave, not just yet. Maybe he was uncomfortable and think I would go after him now, but that wasn't the case. I didn't know what I was doing or even thinking. My hands just moved by themselves and grabbed onto him.

Realising that I was staring at him I was pushed away from him. His face was utter confusion. He just stood there waiting for me to say something. It was too much, I wanted space but I didn't want him to go.

"I'm making dinner..do you want some?"

"I really should just-.."

"You're eating."

With that I walked into my kitchen and started looking at the ingredients I had, I was excited to cook it's like a stress relief. Maybe I should shove a burnt piece of toast down Kocho's throat and watch as she chokes on it. Not like she would be back here anytime soon. I started pulling spices and different vegetables out of my fridge and cupboards, I wanted to make sure that everything was worth eating.

Out of the corner of my eye I see a knife rack and start looking through which knife to use to cut the vegetables, then a hand pulls out a knife. Damnit. I forgot about Tomioka. Is he seriously trying to help me pick a knife? What does he know about knives? I see him staring at it and my hand lashes out and grabs it before he can even try doing anything with it.

"Youre not using a knife."

He stared at me blankly, it was like he was trying to see through my head to read my mind..now that I notice, his eyes are a very deep blue, like an ocean you could sink into, I thought they were just plain blue but no, there were different hues and shades all pooling together like a tie-dye.

Giyuu then looked around and started looking around the kitchen, there's no harm in him just wandering around, as long as he doesn't distract me.

I begin cutting an onion longitudinally, the knife cut through it with ease, this was actually a good knife, it wasn't dull either.

"Hey..Sanemi? Can I help?"

I roll my eyes and hear myself sigh as my head turns to look at him, he's just standing there like an idiot.

"No, I don't trust you with things that are meant to be good for me..like food. And I'm pretty sure other stuff aswell. Why don't you take a bath or something?"

There is no way in hell I was trusting him with a knife, his wrists are already covered in broken skin, there's no way that I'm going to let him add even more. He must think I'm stupid.

"I'm not that bad of a cook, I think. I used to cook with..." as he pauses he started to mess with his hands as if his hands were sweaty. Yuck.

"With? We'll go on. Finish your sentence. I need to get back to cutting these vegetables."

"With my..trainer."

I couldn't help but notice he looks down whenever he uses past tense, and talking about what he used to do, it was a weird habit that I picked up on. I don't think he knows that he does that.

But who cooks with their trainer? People should be growing their stamina and sword skills, not cooking and baking little cupcakes.

"Whatever, you're still not helping, go count how many days until Christmas on the calendar or something I don't know."

I resume cutting the vegetables and I hear Giyuu walking out of the kitchen and into the living room where all the Christmas decorations were along with the calendar.

This dinner was going to be delicious. And Giyuu better eat every last thing on the plate. As soon as I figure out what I'm actually making..

WORD COUNT: 658

Sorry this chapter is so short but I'm dying in this uk heat rn and the next chapter is inspired by a comment on one of my first chapters! I swear the chapters are going to be long again this is just a one off 😭🫶🏻