Chapter 1 - Cheshire Cat

I walked along the streets of the dark city. It was night which was my favorite time of day because I could slink in the shadows and not be seen.

I was looking form someone to pick a fight with. I wasn't going to kill them, just rough em up and maybe try to climb the villain ranks a bit.

I was wanted for many things, like robbery or suspected murder, but I never killed unless I had to. I was a loner so no one told me what I could and couldn't do.

I was infuriating to the heroes because they couldn't catch me. As long as I could use my quirk they would never be able to capture me because I can teleport. I also liked to tease them which made them upset.

As normal I found someone pretty quickly, a low level hero, who I could easily have some fun with.

"Mrrow! Look what the cat dragged in~ a little mouse for me to play with~" I purred, sitting in a tree above the man swinging my legs carelessly.

"Cheshire Cat. Here to fight me?" He growled, getting into a fighting stance.

"Oh no I don't want to fight you, I want to beat you! And what better way to do that than to be.......invisible~" I told him, teleporting behind him.

By the time he had stopped watching my smile fade away I was already behind him. I kicked him forwards, causing him to fall on his face.

He scrambled up and want to use his quirk. I decided to wait and see what it was first. I shouldn't have. He pulled out a gun and shot at my shoulder, barely missing. I got mad.

I leaped at him, tearing into the flesh on his face with my claws, watching him scream and cry in pain. I heard the sirens but by the time the arrived he would be dead.

I snapped his neck and then perched back up on my tree branch, picking the blood off my fingers to calm myself.

"Oh no! Cowboy who did this to you!" A pro hero, I think she was Mirko, cried out seeing the dead hero.

"Catch me next time. Bye~" I teased, seeing them look up at me just before I teleported home.

Because of the way I always acted no one had managed to figure out that I was only 16 yet. I lived alone in an old abandoned house, stealing food to eat and sleeping on an old bed.

I didn't grow up with the best family so I knew how to fend for myself.

My parents both hated me, saying I was an accident and that I shouldn't have been born. The moment I could take care of myself at 10? They left. Haven't seen them since.

I was always alone so this was just how my life was. I decided to turn on the TV I had stolen and used the Wi-Fi password from the nearby house.

On the news was all about the death of Cowboy, a minor but well known pro hero.

"Police say the death was caused by claws and the snapping of his neck, confirming the suspicions that the killer was none other than villain Cheshire Cat. Authorities are still planning ways to catch her, but if you have any information on this villain please contact heroes or the police" a reporter said through the TV, standing at the same place I had been to kill Cowboy.

I stood up and stretched, might as well have a bit more fun before dinner.

I teleported to the crime scene, once again in that same tree. I looked at where the reporter was and teleported right behind her, my smile appearing first like always. People around screamed and when the lady turned around she did as well.

"It's so fun to toy with you heroes your know. If he hadn't shot at me we could've had some fun in a little fight and I would've left, but he just had to attack me. Oh well. Bye~" I told them in a fake sad voice, then jumping into a tree and onto the roof of a nearby building.

From there I teleported home where I made dinner and lied on the roof to watch the stars.

Hawks P.O.V
"What's up?" I asked as I walked into Endeavor's office. He had called me in and he only did that when something was important.

"Cheshire Cat killed Cowboy today. We still haven't caught her and I don't even think we knew her age at this point" he grumbled. After that he went silent and ordered me to leave.

"Well that was a waste of time" I grumbled, flying into the night sky.

As I was heading home I saw a girl on the roof of an abandoned building. I flew down and recognized her as Cheshire Cat.

Instead of confronting her I called Endeavor here. We might finally catch her.