Chapter 14 - Proposals

Hawks P.O.V

Shit. Shit shit shit.

Y/n calls me two days ago going on and on about some prom that UA is hosting. She sounded so fucking excited for this dance, but she also seemed sad because she didn't have a date.

She even emailed me the flyer for the event, and I am thinking that she wants me to ask her, which I am totally on board with.

If only I knew how.

================================
UA High School Prom!

Requirements:
- All attendees must be in formal attire (suit and tie or dress)
- Anyone may attend as long as it is legal and they have a partner with them.
- Men/Women's suits can be of any color, but it must be both formal and appropriate, as well as proper shoes and a tie/bow tie.
- Men/Women's dresses must be below mid thigh and must be appropriate (covering chests/backsides/lower regions). They also must have proper shoes.

About the dance:
The dance will consist of light food and drink options as well as music, party lights, decorations, and the crowning of prom queen and king.

Note:
There will be flashing lights and a loud setting, as well as foods that contain nuts, milk, meat, etc. Foods will have labels with everything that is in them, but we advise people with allergies or sensitivity to lights and loud noises to be cautious if attending the UA Prom.
=============================

That was the flyer. Of course I had no problem finding something to wear, but I had never actually asked anyone out before.

Sure, I was the supermodel pro hero and the heart throb that everyone is crushing on, but I had never been in a real relationship before.

So I did the only reasonable thing to do. "Dabi I need help" I sighed into the phone. I heard Dabi laugh on the other end of the line before promising he was on his way.

In the meantime I paced back and forth in my living room.

"So birdbrain wants to ask out my best friend hmm?" The scarred man teased, his staples shining when the light hit them perfectly.

I shifted nervously. "Yeah, but I have no clue how to ask her" admitting my fault to Dabi was more than embarrassing, and it was definitely knocking down my ego a few pegs.

"Well what is your favorite thing to do with her?" I was confused on why that mattered but I figured that Dabi had a better idea how to do this than I did.

"Y/n loves singing, and I will sometimes join her" I confessed, a sheepish smile on my face as Dabi smirked teasingly again.

He claps his hands together. "Then do something with that. You're smart Hawks, you can figure out what to do" with that the charred man was gone.

I sit on my couch and pull out a notebook. If I was doing this, I'm doing it right.

(;)(;)(;)(;)(;)(;)(;)(;)(;)(;)(;)(;)(;)(;)(;)(;)

Y/n P.O.V

I was hanging in the lawn in front of the dorms with Himiko, Mina, Hagakure, and Tsu when all of a sudden I hear music.

Looking around I see Dabi smirking at me while being the one playing music off of his phone as the others all watched.

I looked to Himiko but she looked as shocked as the other girls before it clicked for them.

"You're getting a promposal!" Mina cried as she realized what all this was. I looked at her like she was insane until I hear that voice.

(Play the song up top, but pretend it's all a male singer)

"Oh yeah yeah
The situation turned around enough to figure out
That someone else has let you down
So many times I don't know why
But I know we can make it as long as you say it

So tell me that you love me yeah
And tell me that I take your breath away
Maybe if you take one more than I would know for sure
There's nothing left to say

Tell me that you love me anyway
So tell me that you love me anyway
Whoa whoa oh oh
Waking up beside yourself and what you feel inside
Is being shared with someone else
Nowhere to hide I don't know why
But I know we can make it
As long as you say it

So tell me that you love me yeah
And tell me that I take your breath away
Maybe if you take one more than I would know for sure
There's nothing left to say
But tell me that you love me anyway

Show me look what we found turn it around every day
I can hear what you say
Now I know why know we can make it
If tell me that you love me yeah
And tell me that I take your breath away
Maybe if you take one more

So tell me that you love me yeah
And tell me that I take your breath away
Maybe if you take one more than I would know for sure
There's nothing left to say
Tell me that you love me anyway"

I clasped a hand over my mouth as Keigo landed in front of me with a sign that said;

"Will you be my songbird to prom?"

(Yall im sorry for this I am trying to hard to figure out what to do here 💀 If y'all have any idea please comment than so i can change it 😭)

"Yes!" I shouted, hugging the winged hero. He chuckled and rubbed my hand gently before I had a bunch of crazy teenage girls all over me about how we have to go dress shopping now.

Prom here I come!