Separate Lives (Part 3)

You know what I don't understand? The concept of wanting to be famous. I never understood that honestly. Why would you want that? Stalker fans, paparazzi, have to go out of your way to have a private life, being in front of countless cameras constantly; it doesn't make sense.

I know that people want to be an actor or music artist in order to get rich off of doing something they love, but surely you can do that by being private. Daft Punk is a good example. They're one of the greatest artists in the Electronic genre and nobody knows them. They wear these futuristic helmets that go with their style, their image. They don't have to worry about the life of a superstar. They can be extremely rich and influential while having a normal life outside of that.

Though, I don't know what I want to be, but I definitely don't want the famous life. I want a life that allows me to be out of the spotlight, to be in the shadows of whatever popularity I have. To live a private life is to have the best life for yourself. It's that simple.

"Hey!" A voice called out behind me.

I turned around to find Hendrix trying to catch up to me. Desperately trying to run with his backpack jumping up and down, fighting his momentum.

By the time he caught up to me he was fighting to catch his breath. Struggling to control his breathing, I guess the guy isn't used to running.

"I didn't see you at detention yesterday," He claimed after he caught his breath.

That's right, I forgot. When school was over I went straight to the bus. I completely forgot about detention, not my fault though.

"I was busy so I had to go home," I lied.

Hendrix looked at me concerned, "Everything okay?"

"Yeah, some stuff came up yesterday."

The incident at the gas station has been on my mind. I called 9-1-1 after everything was finished and waited for everyone to arrive. The police questioned some things about the whole thing, the usual.

"How did you punch this man's jaw off?"
"Was anyone else with him?"
"Blah Blah Blah,"

Thankfully I was a good actor and pretended I was shocked by my new "power". Cried a little and begged the police to not arrest me, I was just some high school student. They let me go since I was distressed about the whole thing, not to mention it was obvious I wasn't the one who was robbing the place. I was checked out by some professionals to make sure I wasn't hurt and I was on my way. Up to this moment they haven't called or anything. But we'll see soon.

It was October 5th currently. The beginning of the real Autumn season. These are the days when the trees start to lose their leaves, and Texas finally loses the incredible heat it's known for. It brings in that fresh Autumn chill. It's also the spookiest time of the year, can't wait.

"By the way, I been meaning to ask you," Hendrix started as me and him walk through the front door of our school, "Why is your name Ciroton?"

"Hmm?"

"I get 'Ciro', it's Italian and all that. It's just the entire name, it's confusing to me," Hendrix commented.

We walked through the halls and progressed to the cafeteria for breakfast. The school is usually empty at this time since most students would come by right before school starts.

"Let me guess, it's unique and you never seen someone with it before?" I asked.

Some people were gathered in the courtyard, chatting and catching up on their homework for the week. Some people were just on their phone and relaxing before they have to go to their first class.