That Digital Love (Part 2)

I heard that if you were to see yourself from another person's perspective, you wouldn't be able to recognize yourself. Isn't that crazy? I guess the way you perceive yourself is based on personal thoughts and experiences. Not everyone can look at you the same way you would, so if you were to switch minds then you would see yourself in a new light. For example: Maybe you were called ugly by someone in middle school, from then on out, you would view yourself a little unattractive; even if it was on instinct. But if you were to look through the lens of someone who finds you attractive, suddenly its like you're looking at someone different.

It really shows how powerful our minds are. Same way goes with people you find handsome or pretty. You view them differently from people who don't find them attractive. You alter the features of their body and looks to the point where you "forget" what they actually look like. It's bizarre, isn't it?

"Where the hell," I said, "Is it?"

Uomini Lane, the creek, go east and stay straight; pretty simple instructions, but I haven't seen this "traveling case" anywhere. Maybe I haven't traveled far enough. Or maybe I got duped, and the bastardo was lying to get me off his back.

It's currently the next day, after my scuffle with Lloyd; I'm traveling along the small creek, trying to find some case with super-power-creating-pills inside.

He wasn't lying about the forest-like area, the trees gotten bigger and the creek is getting bigger as well; but that's about it, I haven't found anything else.

Ding.

A text? At this time?

I pulled out my phone to check the notification.

_________

It's a little further.

Just down the creek
_________

The text messages wrote.

"Who?" I thought to myself.

My phone began to grow brighter, shining like someone was pointing a flashlight at me. A form of light leaped out of my phone, jumping out with the energy of a frog.

"The fuck!" I dropped my phone and jumped back.

"Calm down," The light said, "It's just me."

The light shaped itself, turning into a completely different shape. Twisting and rotating around, the light created the form of a human.

"Seriously," The form dimmed and lowered it's light, making it visible to the naked eye, "You're a scaredy cat, aren't you?"

Black hair, dark clothing, pale-ish skin.

"Kailani," I said.

Kailani was wearing a pitch black hoodie with the words 'Cannibal Corpse' printed on the front. She  had on some black leggings and had her hood over her head.

"That's it," She answered, "Glad you found the place, didn't want to walk here myself."

It turns out Kailani was one of the students that were given the "Super Pills", giving her superpowers as a result. Though, I still don't know what they are.

"Where did you come from?" I questioned, "Did you come out of my phone?"

She stared at me, giving no answer as a response.