Melodie

"Is he dead?" Jordan asked.

Jeremiah stood beside his father.

"Yeah, he's dead."

It's been three years since that terrible night. The night that their mother died, and it was all because of the disgusting human sitting in the chair.

"We don't need him though," Jeremiah promised, "We can just leave and never come back."

Even with the three years that passed, Jeremiah never forgot. He never forgiven his father either. He waited and counted down the days, counted whatever time he had left before he finally snapped.

"Where would we go," Jordan's eyes began to water.

All the beatings. All the vile things that their father said to them. To Jordan. If Jeremiah's father wanted to beat him until he was unconscious then fine. If he wants to belittle Jeremiah and called him a failure then fine. But he made sure that Jordan was out of the picture. He made sure that no matter what happened, Jeremiah wouldn't lose his sister either.

Jeremiah walked over to Jordan and kneeled down, "I don't know, but I'll figure something. I have some money saved up so we can live off of that for a while."

The pills were a blessing. Jeremiah told Lloyd and the others that he took the pills so he could kill Ciro and Hendrix. But it was all a lie. He wanted to experience what it was like, that feeling of being stronger than someone; To be able to stand over someone. That's all that mattered to him. Jeremiah lived his life kneeling before his father, cowardly within his shadow as his father raised his hand to him. He wanted to experience that feeling.

"What about daddy?" Jordan asked innocently.

Jeremiah believes it's a "Stand above all or kneel before the one" world. You're either the man who towers over his victims, or you're the weak who begs on the ground; And after being on the ground all his life, it was time for him to stand above his father.

"I'll tell the neighbor to called the police or something," Jeremiah said, "We need to get out of here, come on."

It's almost poetic to Jeremiah. Him and his sister believed that their father had no heart or humanity in him, and yet, Jeremiah held the "heart" his father refused to show.

Jeremiah helped his sister pack their backpacks with clothes and necessities. They grabbed an old yoga bag their mom used to use, and stuffed it with water bottles and food.

"We'll stay in a motel for a couple of days," Jeremiah explained to his sister, "Then we'll move out of the state and start a new life."

Over the last few days, Jeremiah practiced his superpower and learned how to phase through living beings. He reached inside his father's chest and pulled out his heart, with little to no damage to his father's body. Now all Jeremiah has to do is bury the heart and move on.

"Can we get McDonald's tonight?" Jordan begged her brother, tears sliding down her face.

"Of course. I'll get you anything you want once we settle down."

He could've easily waited for all of this. Maybe save some more money, order a room ahead of time, something. But his mind was filled with anger. He couldn't deal with another night with his father drinking, especially now he has the power to kill him.

The siblings leave out the front door and locked the house. They took in the fresh air around them and forgotten all about the smell of beer from inside.

"It'll take us about thirty minutes to get to the motel," Jeremiah said, "I'll call them so we can have a room ready when we get there."

The siblings walked along the sidewalk of their neighborhood. The crappy town that was filled with heavy drinkers and abusers of families, only today two children escaped theirs.

With the brother and sister leaving their past life behind, they both have individual goals from here on out.

Jordan wants to find another family, a better one than what they had. She wants to be loved again similar to how their mother treated her. She wants to restart from zero.

As for Jeremiah, he has one small goal. To find and talk to one specific person. He'll be searching for Ciro.