Stingers With Wings (Part 2)

"I'm telling you! He's going to be tracking you down soon!"

It's the end of the school day. Lloyd decided to confront me about his "friend".

"I'm not saying I don't believe you," I told him, "I'm just saying that I'm not worried about it."

There's a third person with superpowers in Jeremiah's friend group. I thought I was getting close to the end of this.

"I-I don't know his superpower or anything," Lloyd said, "He always kept to himself. Didn't even bother telling us."

"Got it," I said, "I'll keep an eye on him then."

Lloyd's a good enough guy. Not somebody I would hang out with, but a decent person. I haven't forgiven him for stabbing me in the throat, my neck is still sore after that.

"Can I ask you something?" I asked.

"Yeah, anything bro."

"How does your superpower work?" I questioned, "Like you can move between shadows, I get that. But how."

Lloyd stood uncomfortable, he looked like I just asked him to drop his pants. It's not that weird of a question.

"I don't know," He admitted, "I step on a shadow, then shazam, I'm somewhere else. It's bizarre."

"The reason why I'm asking is because you cut me," I lifted my shirt to show the scar that was left behind our fight, "I'm supposed to have harden skin, kinda like a bullet proof vest."

The wound on my gut has been healed since that day, leaving behind a grayish spot on my ribcage.

"I'm not supposed to be cut or shot," I continued, "But you still somehow stabbed me. Normally knives would break if they were forced onto me. But your didn't."

That question has always been on my mind for weeks. I got skin as hard as diamonds, and Lloyd was able to hurt me with some regular pocket knife. I'm guessing Lloyd has some secondary power, but I haven't been able to figure it out.

"Again, I don't know anything about my power," Lloyd said, "I didn't even know you were bulletproof, I just thought it would be a good idea to stab you."

At least he's honest.

"It's a first for me," I stated, "There hasn't been a lot of things that could go through my skin, but your knife did. That just made me concerned, that's all.

"But if you don't know, then you don't know. There's no point in pushing the subject further."

The cool wind blew my hair around, I could feel that autumn air filling the area. My favorite time of the year, the spooky season is here and my birthday is in a week. I'm excited as hell.

"I'm sorry about what happened that day," Lloyd said, "I know it's not easy to forgive someone who tried to kill you, but I wasn't in the right place of mind at the time."

"Why did you even try to?" I asked, "You don't go straight to trying to kill someone, there's gotta be a reason for it."

"Jeremiah told me, and I listened," Lloyd confessed, "He was embarrassed by you when you stood up for that Hendrix kid, and you embarrassed him again when he attacked you. So he wanted me to finish the job. And I just wanted to be a good friend."

"You like being that guy's friend? He seems like a stronzo."

There were a few students that stood outside the school, waiting for someone to pick them up. Besides them, Lloyd and I were alone outside. No one around to hear our conversation.

"He's a good guy when you get to know him," Lloyd said, "I remember when my dad kicked me out of his house, Jeremiah let me sleep in his car until I could find a place to stay. He's always been a good person to me, and I've always been a good person to him and his family."